Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leica R6, Summicron-R 35/2.0, Kodak 400

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Roger Vorbeck
      Got my first ever Leica M body last year. It's a M2. It came bundled with a Summicron 50mm F2 Collapsible. I'm really enjoying this combo, but I'm a 35mm shooter.
      I've found a Summaron 35mm 3.5 for sale in my country, for a decent price. It's serial number is the following: 1176436.
      However, I know that users have trouble defining their lens models, because they were produced in a large numbers.
      I've checked this one's number on a lot of different sources and foruns, but I failed on identifying it.
      The weird part is that checking through this website: https://reddotcamera.net/leica/serial-number-tool/ and in this page: https://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/Summaron_f%3D_3.5_cm_1:3.5
      The information I have is that this lens is identified as a Summicron 50mm f/2, build in the year 1954 and a Summicron 5 cm 1:2 (M), respectively.
      Why is that? Has anyone here ever seen one of these? I wanted this to be the M2 version (to activate the 35mm framelines) but I have no clue what this all means.
      Any guesses are welcome.
      Thanks!
    • By LCL999
      Something I consider to be a glaring omission from Leica's current M-lens line-up is a light, compact, 35mm lens. Or am I missing something? F2.8 would be quite adequate considering the high ISOs available on the M10. The target market would be those for whom minimum size and weight is a major actor, plus those seeking a lower cost entry into the world of Leica M.
      As it is, Voigtlander offer just such a lens, though the reviews are mixed.
      I assume such a lens would be called an Elmarit, as the code seems to be
      Elmar -f4.0
      Elmarit f2.8
      -chron f2.0
      -lux f1.4 or faster.
      Any comments as to when such a beast might become available, or should I just go and buy the Voigtlander?
    • By Slash53
      Hi there,
      I purchased the Voigtlander 35mm f2 Ultron about 6 months ago at my local Leica store. I have a problem regarding the focus ring; it's a bit loose in a way where I can move the focus ring horizontally and vertically (about a mm or so). Its not a big movement or anything but I can feel the loose when I'm trying to accurately focus an image. I've never seen anyone mentioning this problem from this lens., or any Voigtlander lens in this matter. I wonder if any user had such an issue or if I'm getting crazy about small stuff.
      Thanks in advance for the answers,
      Renaud
    • By Herr Barnack
      Here is an interesting discussion on the 28mm vis-à-vis 35mm lens for documentary photography:
      Focal Length Feud: 28mm vs 35mm for Telling a story – by David Babaian and Simon King
      https://emulsive.org/articles/focal-length-feud-28-35
      I have used both and at the end of the day it seems to me that either will work well, if you are willing to fine tune your shooting technique for each lens.
      Thoughts?
    • By Hans Reklame
      Hallo zusammen! 

Ich habe mir das Summicron 35  Asph. Gekauft und besitze das 35 mm Voigtländer Nokton. In meiner Vorstellung benutze ich das Voigtländer weiter, wenn es bewusst um das unperfekte geht, die Sonne im Gegenlicht, nicht ganz scharf etc. .. hat jemand beide Objektive und kann mir sagen, ob eines von beiden eher ein Schubladendasein fristet? 

Oder allgemein die Erfahrung über die Nutzung beider Objektive  parallel.

liebe Grüße und danke!