Sign in to follow this  
m8point2

Best Bag for M9

I've found the perfect bag for the M9 . . . unfortunately the cat has other ideas:

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://www.slack.co.uk/oddsandends/_9281676.jpg&key=34aa75ccde3706442ee2e2569b776efd76ba77f2362b0825360b479e7b194edc">

I've found the perfect bag for the M9 . . . unfortunately the cat has other ideas:

If you are lucky, you might be able to persuade your wife to help the cat find an alternative resting place?

Darn Nicole

first the panties shot and now the cleavage. If if werent for you I would have left this forum long ago

That looks like the perfect place to nestle the latest offerings from Solms.

If you are lucky, you might be able to persuade your wife to help the cat find an alternative resting place?

That's wonderful - excellent . . . so where is the panties shot (erm, could we call them Knickers) of which scaryink speaks?

Mind you . . . my wife is perfect . . .but I'm not sure that she has the cleavage to swallow a full sized Abyssinian (I'm glad to say!)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The M9 bag will have to be large enought to hold a Leicavit, or a Nookie..

Edited by leicajh

Sorry, Jono - back to the topic.

Leica have already revealed the Leica M9 Bag in a sneak preview:

Rumor has it that it is also well suited to carry the new Panasonic GF1. Both Bag and Camera are said to have been produced in close cooperation...

I can't wait to get my M9. Since it will be FF, what do you think will be the best bag for this camera?

My all-time favorite Leica M bag:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m8-forum/24846-artisan-artist-acam-7100-mini-review.html

Now found here: http://www.aaa-shop.jp/fs/aaa01/g5aa/ACAM-7100

The next model larger will also hold a small laptop. This one is perfect for a camera and 3-4 lenses, plus some small accessories.

Edited by carstenw

Thanks for the suggestion Carsten.

Over 50 posts on this thread and only a few sincere replies to an actual question.

Maybe people on this forum have too much time on their hands.

El

Maybe people on this forum have too much time on their hands. El

You're new to the forum, so an explanation might help. There are endless threads here on "the best (or perfect) bag for the M8." A simple search of these threads, using the search function at top, will keep you busy for hours, if not days, perusing. And, since the M9 is likely to be close enough in size (timing and specs haven't even been published yet), the M8 threads will apply.

Frankly, if people don't look at your number of posts, they're likely to assume this was a tongue-in-cheek thread. This is a helpful forum for many questions...yours just happens to be a land mine.

Jeff

I'm about to start a thread for which lenses to buy for the M9. While Leica offer a 67mm Summilux to match the 50mm Summi on the M8?

Over 50 posts on this thread and only a few sincere replies to an actual question

How "sincere" do you expect replies to be for a camera that does not exist?

I will offer a more sincere perspective anyway. The camera body alone does not dictate what bag you need. When I started with the Elmarit 28 I was actually happy using just a neoprene case. Now that my favourite lens is longer and heavier, the neoprene case doesn't work anymore and I generally use a Hadley Digital. But the other day I decided to go out with a couple of lenses and filters, and therefore a bigger bag. See, there is no best.

I'm about to start a thread for which lenses to buy for the M9. While Leica offer a 67mm Summilux to match the 50mm Summi on the M8?

67mm collapsible Elmar please...

My all-time favorite Leica M bag:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m8-forum/24846-artisan-artist-acam-7100-mini-review.html

Now found here: ƒJƒƒ‰ƒoƒbƒO&ƒAƒNƒZƒTƒŠ[,ƒJƒƒ‰ƒoƒbƒO,ACAMƒVƒŠ[ƒY,ARTISAN&ARTIST*@ONLINE SHOPPING,ACAM-7100

The next model larger will also hold a small laptop. This one is perfect for a camera and 3-4 lenses, plus some small accessories.

I am also using this bag and are very happy with it. I have added one extra padding/divider so mine has four compartments. The comparments on the side holds a camera body with a compact lens (in my case the 28 elmarit and the 35 cron pre-ASPH). The two compartmens in the middle holds one lens each. All in all the bag this way fits two bodyes and four lenses pluss a lot of other remedies. The bag is very nice to use, sits tight to the body and feels "natural" to carry.

I've also tried the larger version, but it was to big for my use. It felt like carrying, well a large bag. It was not the kind og bag I wanted to carry around all the time.

But as mentioned earlier, no bag can be compared to Maurizios 1950's French Army military ammo bag :

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m8-forum/43596-fogg-flute.html#post485726

I doubt the lens compartments are big enough to hold the new 67mm 0.95 Noctilux that we will need to match the 50mm 0.95 Noctilux field of view we are used to on the M8. That 1.33x factor will kill all the equipment M8 strategies. Perhaps we'll have to get used to the 67mm 3.5 collapsible Elmar.