Sign in to follow this  
m8point2

Best Bag for M9

I can't wait to get my M9. Since it will be FF, what do you think will be the best bag for this camera?

Thanks,

El

Once again I'll offer up my ex.

Awh yes, Kitty! I can hardly wait to stalk Kitty in the McMansion with the new M9.

I think that the real question really is, what should I dress Kitty in while I stalk her in the mansion with the new M9?

(Kitty is the maid, of course).

Rather than fret about 'the best bag', why not be concerned to be the best photographer for the M9? It's like asking 'what garage should I have for my new Porsche?' Wouldn't it be better to be concern yourself with learning how to use it for excellence?

Get a bag that is well made, comfortable for you to carry, able to accommodate and protect your equipment and allow quick access when needed. There are many bags that will do that - check them out and make up your own mind.

Ian

I am not so worried about the bag as to how kitty will react to the M9

Mona was pretty cool about it, until I mentioned the necessary savings on cat-food!

Now we all know the spec of the M9, what do you want in the M9.2 ?

A Video-mode, shooting 1080i. We need more of those kitty-movies!

Totally agree on the videogame mode. What better use for the LCD screen and buttons!

Back to the best bag question ... Considering the price tag of an ff digital M I'd suggest a modest bag:

The Aldi model has proven to be a reliable protection for both the M6 and M8.

I don't know whether or not the red dot on the Lidl bag can be removed, though ...

Best,

Norbert

Mona was pretty cool about it, until I mentioned the necessary savings on cat-food!

LOL-priceless! I gotta get me one of those!

The US is pursuing a wise and prudent economic course with the auto industry. I suggest we expand this to the Leica community as well. The Kash for the Kaput M8 program would be a boon for the economy. There should be a certain restriction on the use of the $ 4,500 USD credit. It should only be used to hire your very own bag-lady to carry your shiny new M9. We could reduce unemployment while stimulating sales of the all important segment of the market.

We could string all our lenses on our bag carrier as a token offering to Solms while flaunting our good taste and deep pocket books.

Seriously, may I suggest not using any bag at all, especially when it's raining and when you have removed the lens? Just to prove and show everyone that the M9 is perfectly weather sealed at last and has the best automatic sensor cleaning on the Market:

:D:D

Funniest thread since the one on whether you can take pictures of nudes with the M8! Any more cats? Please...!

I didnt realize you could take nude photos with the M8. Does the latest software has "nude detection" as an add on?

Seriously, may I suggest not using any bag at all, especially when it's raining and when you have removed the lens? Just to prove and show everyone that the M9 is perfectly weather sealed at last and has the best automatic sensor cleaning on the Market:

[ATTACH]156941[/ATTACH]

Manfred - this picture is seriously off topic - please can we keep it to the bags?