MP3

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are levels of truth....

Jaap - are you hinting that you think the full-frame M9 will be in stores (or even in customer's hands) well before christmas 2009? This is pretty much what's been said in the RFF thread. I would be amazed.

Many people (including you if I recall correctly??) have been saying that such a technical feat is either (1) contrary to the Laws of Physics (2) at least not before 2012 at the earliest, when the Laws of Physics will no longer hold sway. ;)

I hope you can see the smile on my face as I write this - if you think Santa's bringing an M9 this year, then dammit I'm a believer too!

Not a truth - a hope:o. Yes, I think Leica researchers have been working wonders. Not for the sensor per se, that is clearly a matter of microlens geometry, production precision and software corrections, helped by the greater processing power available. The rumoured solving of the IR problem would be nothing short of miraculous.

It would indeed a fine thing if Santa were to fill our socks with silver boxes, but in truth, nothing about that is known yet. It could as well be PK 2010...But I am convinced that Leica needs to start generating some serious cashflow before long. I think the rumoured pricing, together with the technical details as we are seeing emerging in the rumour circuit would make the camera a fast seller.

Edited by jaapv

Not a truth - a hope:o. Yes, I think Leica researchers have been working wonders. Not for the sensor per se, that is clearly a matter of microlens geometry, production precision and software corrections, helped by the greater processing power available. The rumoured solving of the IR problem would be nothing short of miraculous.

It would indeed a fine thing if Santa were to fill our socks with silver boxes, but in truth, nothing about that is known yet. It could as well be PK 2010...But I am convinced that Leica needs to start generating some serious cashflow before long. I think the rumoured pricing, together with the technical details as we are seeing emerging in the rumour circuit would make the camera fast seller.

Well - this is interesting. I've taken the rumors with a pinch of salt until now.

But I guess I better believe it! One thing that I can guarantee for sure is that Santa will not be generous to me: from October I will be starting five months of 'pappaledighet' - paternity leave. The Swedish state is more generous than most, but compared to my normal income, we'll be surviving on a tiny fraction of what I normally earn. So I'll be leaving the beta-testing to you and a few brave others! Maybe sometime in the summer my financial situation might be back to Leica levels...? :rolleyes:

Are you sure it wasn't "Nein...nein...nein..."?

:)

hahahaa.... nice. I can imagine that conversation...

"Nine?"

"Nein."

"Nine?!"

"Nein, nein.."

NINE? NINE?!?

"Nein, NEIN! NEIN!"

PS: Isn't Leica opening one of their stores this September in London?

Edited by thrid

Congratulations on the coming event :) Let's see what comes first, the M9 or your return to affluence ;)

Thanks Jaap - the coming event will be one year old when I start my time off. ;)

My return to affluence is hindered by the amazing number of gadgets, clothes, toys and diapers that appear to be necessary. Plus the fact that I tend to buy lenses occasionally and still have an itch for a film body again...

But as I said elsewhere, the M8 was suddenly a revelation to me when I switched raw developers this month. From that point on I've really been loving the files, and can sit and stare at small details for almost hours at a time (that is, when the coming event has been put to bed and is sleeping sweetly).

So the 8 will be fine for a while. (Now, if Leica is around to fix it still when things go wrong... but that is a whole other kettle of fish...) :rolleyes: