M8 Infra Red Issue

Guest BigSplash

Guest BigSplash

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Frank

I gave you a link to the popflash website that stocked the 58mm UV/IRfilter

If you had actually bothered to do a search there, you will find that they ALSO sell 48 diameter UV/IR filters. Along with most other filter sizes. In black AND silver (mostly)

This is the very last time that I am going to do your searching for you, I'm afraid. Sorry, but sometimes one just has to help oneself and not try the patience of others.

Andy thanks for this.... I actually looked there and did NOT find it. I also looked at Five other sites mainly in UK, and have RG Lewis looking also ....so far without success.

Thanks for your help

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest BigSplash
Just type "49mm UV/IR filter" into the search box on the popflash website. That's what I did.

Any BW filter dealer will be able to sell you one, it doesn't have to be in the States.

Andy I DID do that and yes I found the 49mm UV/IR filter...the problem is I apparently need a 48mm. filter. ...so back to the same question.

I have also looked at step up rings but cannot find a 48mm to whatever and then the issue is the lens hood (snug fit on the 21mm and a integrated one that pulls out on the 90mm)

Andy I DID do that and yes I found the 49mm UV/IR filter...the problem is I apparently need a 48mm. filter. ...so back to the same question.

I have also looked at step up rings but cannot find a 48mm to whatever and then the issue is the lens hood (snug fit on the 21mm and a integrated one that pulls out on the 90mm)

Like I said above and everyone ignored :( really the issue is which lenses Leica chose to support and at which point the customer finds out that their older Leica lens will not be covered by the free filter offer.

Hasn't really been a problem for me because I just decided to cough up the $$, but just like the insistence on not allowing lens codes to be entered in the menu, Leica does seem to have a habit of flipping the finger to customers that have problems with the camera's known issues.

Andy thanks for this.... I actually looked there and did NOT find it. I also looked at Five other sites mainly in UK, and have RG Lewis looking also ....so far without success.

Thanks for your help

Looking in the UK does not make much sense, seeing that the filters are made in Germany and that the factory outlet is in Germany...:rolleyes:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by jaapv