La Saraghina

misha

Loved these images and those on your web page - I hope they can help draw attention to the difficult circumstances which people endure and MSF tries to alleviate.

Osscat

Osscat,

thanks. they do. well, sometimes.

This is a brilliant series. So strong for mood. Potently expressive and dark.

thanks. are they consistent on your monitor?

I am using Camino but browsers are so unpredictable (and useless) :)

misha, that first one's beauty, did it come about by accident? I really love photos like this and would like to know how to do them more consistently NOT by accident. I love the softness of it, how transitory it is. Especially against the 4th photo which is anything but...so solid that sea looks like slate. The waters look carved from some dark rock.

The second could come from anytime if it wasn't for that boat...

what kit did you use for this?

Jon

misha, that first one's beauty, did it come about by accident? I really love photos like this and would like to know how to do them more consistently NOT by accident. I love the softness of it, how transitory it is. Especially against the 4th photo which is anything but...so solid that sea looks like slate. The waters look carved from some dark rock.

The second could come from anytime if it wasn't for that boat...

what kit did you use for this?

Jon

all m8

last three are with 24mm elmarit

first with 35mm cron

to answer your question. yes and no :) i think the key is to be ready (technically) for the situation you are in. for example, this was shot through a tinted car window travelling at about 40mph. so you need to set your equipment to that particular situation. here, i believe, it was 1/15 or 1/8..

cheers

misha

Misha,

A great series. Well presented with great mood. I personally like No.3 the most because this one causes me to feel the seabreeze in my face and hear the water as it rushes onto the beach.

No. 4 is also wonderful for mood. It make one wonder what is on the subject's mind. I think it could be interpreted in many different situations.

Paul

Edited by pauledell