CornerFix V1.1.0.1 now available

sandymc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

V1.1.0.1 has a number of bug fixes and enhancements including:

1. a fix for a potential crash with a "Bad parameter" or "Security" exception under Windows,

2. a fix for a situation on OS X where output to the logging window might not occur immediately, and

3. enhanced color management for preview images under Windows.

I recommend that that anyone running V1.1.0.0 under Windows upgrade to the new version.

Get it here: CornerFix | Get CornerFix at SourceForge.net

Sandy

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to collect various lens profiles in one place - to make it easier for everyone. Perhaps even distribute them with the app, much like the single, current profile.

Well, yes, and at various points a few folks have started the process of collecting profiles.

I'd be very happy to include a set of profiles with the distributions, but keeping CornerFix up to date with changes in C1, Windows and OS X already takes up a significant amount of my time, so someone else will need to do the work of managing the collection. Contrary to popular belief, I do like to occasionally go out and take a few pictures(!)

Sandy

By the way, it has been brought to my attention that Sourceforge, the folks that host CornerFix, have advertisements on the download page for CornerFix that "suggest" that you input personal information in order to download white papers and the like.

Just ignore those advertisements. There is NO requirement to provide any information to anyone - the download will happen regardless.

I have conveyed to Sourceforge that I regard those ads as unacceptable, btw.

Sandy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well, yes, and at various points a few folks have started the process of collecting profiles.

I'd be very happy to include a set of profiles with the distributions, but keeping CornerFix up to date with changes in C1, Windows and OS X already takes up a significant amount of my time, so someone else will need to do the work of managing the collection. Contrary to popular belief, I do like to occasionally go out and take a few pictures(!)

Sandy

I can imagine your plate is rather full with what you've got, and it's definitely appreciated.

I'd be game to handle (and possibly host) the collections; contact me if you're interested.

Sandy

Ah if the thread is turning into a wish list for V2 of your most wonderful App - Here is mine:

I would like a more sophisticated batch file option: My typical "Batch" would be a days shoot that includes many shots with different lenses... So once you select batch process it could ask for a folder (That has say 100 pictures)... Then your app scans and sees what focal length was used and then gives a nice drop down that allows us the associate the 12 shots that were 18mm to ones SEM 18 Profile... the 52 shots with 24mm to ones Lux 24 Profile or the option of no profile for the rest... then it batch processes a whole days fun in one shot... (And this is all free!!!! - Keep up the most excellent work!)

... (And this is all free!!!! - Keep up the most excellent work!)

For those who are interested in helping Sandy with costs there is an opportunity to contribute a penny or two here.

(I have no connection to Sandy or his site except wishing to see him continue to develop his excellent software and if some of us contribute a little now and then it just might help him over those dark Friday evenings when the code won't behave itself and all he wants to do is put his boot through the screen and never return to Cornerfix. :) And you even get your name in lights!)

Pete.

Hey Double Negative...

I have a profile I've made and have been using for some time now for the Zeiss 21/2.8 Biogon.

Please PM me if you'd like me to email it to you for public hosting.

Cheers!

Kevin

Hi Sandy

Thanks again for your brilliant little App.

I wonder,... how hard would it be to turn it into a Lightroom Plug-in?

Sorry. Someone was bound to ask.

Thoroughly appreciate your work.

Kevin

I wonder,... how hard would it be to turn it into a Lightroom Plug-in?

Kevin,

That depends on the definition of Lightroom plug-in(!). The issue is, Lightroom does not support plug-ins modifying images, so any plug-in would have to go through a fairly laborious process of exporting files, then re-importing them. And that would have to be a manual process because if CornerFix tried to look like an external editor, the file would have to be in TIFF format.

So to date, my view has been that while technically possible, building CornerFix as a Lightroom plug-in (or an Aperture plug-in, same issue) doesn't offer enough advantages to justify the effort.

The more interesting possibility would be to use some of the DNG V1.3 lens correction opcodes to do what CornerFix does now. Again, technically possible, but as yet there isn't any way to do so in an automated way, so there no advantage.

Sandy