into the woods

Marquinius

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Robert, Paul, Ece, Stuart: as always appreciate your attention and comments!

Virgil: I think you're right now that I see them as Jpegs. In DNG and on my (calibrated) Mac they're much richer and deeper. I thought about doing them in colour, but than the colours would be the eye catcher and not the lines and structure. Oh well, something new to worry about :D

It looks like an amazing place where the trees can flourish.

yep, without leaving too many scars, they do up to 40 milion cubic meters of building wood every year .... half of all the wood in Germany, I'm told

The biggest difference I saw with for instance the US, is they spot cut throughout these woods and leave the structure "as is". Which means you can walk for days without leaving the woods and the only thing you will spot is stumps in between the rest of the trees.

Nice all, but #2 is exceptional... really do you plan to live there ? I admit I didn't know it's such a beautiful place for woods & nature... to me, Thuringen has been always a legendary place for its link with JS Bach... one of my dreams is, someday, to listen to a Matthaus Passion performing there.

• 2 weeks later...