Mac Book Pro

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm leaving on a trip with both a Mac Book Pro 17" june 2009 model and Power Book 17" 2003 model.

I want to use the Power Book as a second screen, connecting it with the Mac Book Pro.

How can I connect them, if possible ?

I have never heard of connecting any notebook to any other computer to use the notebook screen as a second monitor in a dual monitor setup.

It simply can't be done.

This question comes up from time to time on all sorts of different forum.

So leave one of them at home.

I'm leaving on a trip with both a Mac Book Pro 17" june 2009 model and Power Book 17" 2003 model.

I want to use the Power Book as a second screen, connecting it with the Mac Book Pro.

How can I connect them, if possible ?

Since you are contemplating a trip with your two behemoths... (I travel with the MBAir ;-)) Why not look into a lightweight flat screen monitor instead of the second laptop... LG makes a Flatron line.. You could get a 20 inch that would be about the same weight as a 17" MBP and give you a bit more screen real estate... :)

I contemplated this too, having also a 20" Apple ACD,

but we have to take both laptops anyway.

And I won't buy another screen just for 2 weeks. Apparently, the

Screenrecycler solution works perfectly. ;)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I contemplated this too, having also a 20" Apple ACD,

but we have to take both laptops anyway.

And I won't buy another screen just for 2 weeks. Apparently, the

Screenrecycler solution works perfectly. ;)

Definitely come back and tell us how Screenrecycler worked out! :D

Definitely come back and tell us how Screenrecycler worked out! :D

I too will be interested as when we go to the USA for my daughter's wedding, I will be taking my new 13" MBP and my wife will be taking her MBA. 2 x 13" screens gives you a lot more real estate for photo processing.

Wilson

MBP will be here next friday. Testing next week-end.

Reporting here. ;)

I hope yours arrives on time. Mine took a week longer than promised. The screen is a big improvement on the old MB and I find the backlit keys very useful as well. I changed from an MB as my old MB (one of the original 2007 black ones) would not run mirrored screens in 1280 x 800 on the laptop and 1940 x 1080 on a projector. My MBP (a 2.53 Ghz one) certainly runs very fast on DNG to 16 bit TIFF conversion in C1. I think the only mistake I made in specifying mine was to go for a 500GB hard disc. If you fit it yourself, you can fit a 7200 RPM disc against the 5400 RPM that Apple fit. It is irritating that Apple fit 2 x 2GB SODIMM's rather than one 4GB one, so that when you want to increase your memory, you have to replace rather than add, as there are only 2 slots. Then I saw the price differential and understood - 2GB = $32; 4GB = $450. I assume price differential will drop in the near future.

Wilson

Well, I've been adamant with the Apple Store Pro Europe, and they swore it should be with me next thursday.

Util now, I've never had any delay.

Already received shipment confirmation.

Cross fingers…