Digilux 2 & Viewfinders

hbldds

Does anyone know if the Voigtlander 28 mm finder will interfere with the pop up flash? Same question for the 28/35 mm mini finder. Thanks.

The finder will not interfere but, with the finder mounted in the shoe the flash will not pop up. There is an interlock mechanism in the shoe to prevent the built-in flash from popping up when an external flash is mounted.

You can pop up the flash and than mount the finder. You will however, have to remove the finder again to collapse the flash. The obstruction is not due to the flash hitting the finder, rather from the interlock mechanism in the shoe.

Best,

Jan

With my DIGILUX 2- sample the speed freezes at 1/ 60 sec when I use

an additional v/f in the hotshoe. That´s when the camera is set on A (Automatic).

Should give it a try in manual.

Does anybody know, this is normal ?

If you are only limited to this speed, you can actually forget about using

an additional finder.

Best

With my DIGILUX 2- sample the speed freezes at 1/ 60 sec when I use an additional v/f in the hotshoe. That´s when the camera is set on A (Automatic).

Should give it a try in manual.

Does anybody know, this is normal ?

Best

It is normal. With an external flash (or a viewfinder), the camera will react to your input when set to manual. In Automatic, shutter will default to 1/60s.

Best,

Jan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If you are only limited to this speed, you can actually forget about using an additional finder.

If you turn the flash off by pushing the button on the top plate, the full range of shutter speeds will be available even with a finder in the hot shoe. Remember, though, that the Voigtlander finders are for a 3:2 format, so you'll need to mentally adjust your framing accordingly.