Capture One and CornerFix?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have taken a few pictures in DNG using CV15. There are cyan corners so I used CF to fix them, resulting in XXXX_CF.DNG files. They look fine after the Fix.

When I try to open these _CF.DNG files in C1 for further processing, I got a "An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket" error message. C1 closes and there is the usual box asking me to send an error report to Uncle Bill. It did not happen when I was processing regular .DNG files but C1 crashed several times and each time I was trying to work on a _CF.DNG file.

Has anyone experience something like this? I don't even know if this is pure co-incidence or if there is actually something between C1 and CF.:confused:

I am running XP home SP3, C1 v.4.8.1, CF 1.1.0.0 with the C1 v4 compatibility enabled.

PhaseOne support told me to run a cleaning utility, repair Microsoft dotnet 2.0, uninstall and reinstall C1. Which I all did but the same thing is coming back right after all that.

Any help is much appreciated.

Phil,

I haven't received any other reports of this issue.

It does sound like a corrupted C1 installation, but two suggestions:

1. PM me, and can work out a way for you to send me one of the converted DNGs for me to check it.

2. You can try switching level compression on, and C1 compatibility off, and see if that helps.

Sandy