Comment and feedback please

ptarmigan

Nice one, but I fear you'll find it in the Photo section as well within a short while..

jaapv

I posted here as I wasn't sure how much you guys visit the images section. There is a link above to the other images where it says here

Man for 21 he sure looks like he's been driven REAL HARD and put away wet many time.

Surprisingly enough it wasn't his birthday but a joint one for two young lasses.

If you wouldn't mind having a look at the images in the 'People' section I'd be grateful for any feedback.

I agree 100%. It is one of my favorite gripes :mad:

That;s why I posted just the one here. I could do with some critique. I found the M8 so totally different in the field to my usual setup of D2x and almost always in this kind of situation wit a flash attached for fill-in.

The M8 whilst somewhat clumsy in my hands was pretty unobtrusive, quiet and once I'd used it for a while pretty fast in handling.

What struck me was how well it coped with the harsh lighting, the incredible sharpness across the frame and that I could hand-hold down to 1/15th and even 1/11th of a second with sharp results. Also the lack of noise of ISO 640 at dusk was amazing.

I only wish I had had the confidence to shoot wider open but I was worried about having soft images through my inability to focus accurately. I reckon I'd've been fine though in hindsight.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I only wish I had had the confidence to shoot wider open but I was worried about having soft images through my inability to focus accurately. I reckon I'd've been fine though in hindsight.

I see far too many shots where shooters, enamored with fast lenses and bokeh, end up with blur in part of their main subject. The shot would have been far better, IMO, a stop down or so. So, you're right to experiment and try to get that right focus and mood...but don't be tempted to overdo it, just because you can.

Jeff

I agree 100%. It is one of my favorite gripes :mad:

Jaap - we've been here a hundred times before... :)

Moans, technical stuff and queries in the M8 sub-section, photos in the Photo section.

But, being the generous and kind spirited soul that I am, I have compromised, and left this one here. You may (or may not :) ) see what the compromise was.

All comments and feedback should now go on the thread in the Photo section.

Moans, technical stuff and queries in the M8 sub-section, photos in the Photo section.

But, being the generous and kind spirited soul that I am, I have compromised, and left this one here. You may (or may not :) ) see what the compromise was.

All comments and feedback should now go on the thread in the Photo section.

Two reasons I posted one image here with a link to the other thread in the photo section:

Firstly we know each other a little over here in the M8 forum :) I have posted a few times here and have had some helpful replies that resulted in me chosing the 35 cron ASPH.

Secondly, I hoped for some genuine critique and my experience of 'other' forums is that if you don't have a 'bunch of mates' you rarely get any proper (if any) comment on photos as a 'newbie'.

Of course this forum may be different but in the past I've used Usefilm, dpreview, ephotozine and others to little effect - where it seems you need to post for months and critique hundreds of images yourself before you get any response. Unfortunately I do have 'a life' outside the forum.

Anyway, thanks for not deleting this thread and I shall promise not to post any photos here again and thanks for any comments regarding the photos.

There is life outside of the M8 sub-forum. Try it sometime. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Bill

Not sure why you think I haven't. I regularly visit, and sometimes post at, several of the other sub-forums (fora?) here. My comment relates to the OP's dilemma, which I shared a while back.

After receiving lots of helpful replies to posts here (as well as in the digital sub-forum, etc), I posted some photos after getting a new M8.2 and a couple of recommended lenses. The photos were moved, even though other posts with photos in similar contexts seemed to stay.

No big deal, really, since prints are my primary output and not web posts...just my preference. For those seeking feedback on web photos, however, I understand their frustration...just too much out there to digest usually.

Jeff

Gripe as: not enough visitors on the Photoforums - not about not posting here.I only wish each and every member had been there a hundred times......:rolleyes: