My new defective APO Summicron 75 ASPH...still not up to Leica standards!

Valkyrie

Advertisement (gone after registration)

What gets me is that Leica NJ, or even Solms, didn't send you a good properly working and correctly assenmbled lens and a shipping label for the original one you got back.

To simply say it was from a batch of 20, 18 shipped to B&H, and then do absolutely NOTHING about it is beyond me.

Just shows you what arrogance or stupidity runs rampant throughout all of Leica Camera.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed (and I sincerely hope that NASA's standards are quite a bit higher than Leica's, as there are people at risk with NASA, but not with a misassembled Leica lens), but it serves to show that no matter how high your standards are, mistakes may and eventually will happen.

Andy

Yes but the question here is are Leica's qc standards high enough for a very high priced item. Personally I dont think so, I remember the new Noctilux posted here a week or so ago.

And I agree with Ed, this should have been sorted by Leica with no cost and minimum hassle to the purchaser. The hassle and cost should have been Leica's.

This stuff really does need to be properly checked before it leaves the factory not just signed-off with some meaningless anonymous scrawl.

You know I have run my own business. Customer complains: my first thought; what have I done wrong and how can I put it right.

Jeff