Reading while Walking

jplomley

Great shot and for me as a beginner with RFs/Leica this shot is much more contrasty than I would have ever shot. Is it the development or printing that has given these results or PP after scanning. Sorry if this is a naive question.

I like it very much.

Ian, cheers for the feedback.

The 35 Cron Asph is a contrastier lens compared to something like the 28/2 Cronn Asph, so that is a contributing factor. Having said that, contrast has been adjusted to flavor using a curves adjustment layer in PS. The posted image is from a scanned negative using Nikon 5000 Coolscan. For prints, I will use a Creo iQ3 or Howtek drum scanner for optimal results.

Ian, cheers for the feedback.

The 35 Cron Asph is a contrastier lens compared to something like the 28/2 Cronn Asph, so that is a contributing factor. Having said that, contrast has been adjusted to flavor using a curves adjustment layer in PS. The posted image is from a scanned negative using Nikon 5000 Coolscan. For prints, I will use a Creo iQ3 or Howtek drum scanner for optimal results.

I too have the 35 cron ASPH which I use on an M8 - I've just entered my third week of 'ownership'. I guess I'm still a little nervous of exploiting the lens' attributes and only really attempted my first shoot this past weekend. I have posted a few images here if you wouldn't mind offering feedback - though they are not to your standard. :o

Ian, those images look fine. Congratulations on your M8. It is a fine camera as many will confirm.

When I shoot the 35/2 Cron Asph on my M8, I tend to decrease exposure -0.7 in order to keep the highlights from blowing out. Works a charm.