Cut Filter: Must See This

Guest guy_mancuso

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Okay UPS just showed up with the B+W 486 UV-IR Cut filter this is a slim one. It works

Top image of luggage on a shelf in the garage before second image after. I need to test more but it works

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest guy_mancuso

Sorry for the not so artsy shot but i did bring this in C1 with the M8 camera profile and just WB off the cabinet for both of them. Pretty darn good i would say. looks like this may get us by until a permenant fix is in

Guest guy_mancuso

I changed lenses to the 35 lux . The first was the 50 lux. Looks like it is working good again I got a little closer and added a Macbeth Color Chart and i see no real color shift that i would call affect the other colors. Looks damn good actually. Again top is before and bottom is with filter. My only question left is this maybe hopefully going to help the banding not the cause but showing more. i will try that also. I just ghave a feeling on that one, could be dead wrong but for the magenta cast , this will get us through

Guest guy_mancuso

It's a real solution for a temp fix and by no way does this mean I am letting Leica off the hook , we need this inside and on the sensor. This will just get us by but it is expensive. Also hard to find. This is the slim one there is a thicker one also, not sure if there is a property difference though

Guest guy_mancuso

Sean is also getting some of these today and since i did the inside light from daylight maybe he could try the outside ones until I get a chance to do it. I am sure he will see this request.

Guest guy_mancuso

I shot daylight with the CC card so this time straight out of the camera. I really see little differnece except the card has less magenta also. That could be why it looks that way. This is very very close though

Guest guy_mancuso

Outside sun I did not ,WB straight from camera. Notice with the greens plant in background.

Look how sharp the 35 lux is

Guest guy_mancuso

Notice the back on the card and see the magenta cast without the filter than a true black with it. Also the wall and reason i have been saying all along is the files look magenta with the C1 M8 profile, with the filter that is not the case and the profile looks very good.

C1 will probably have to do profiles for the M8 with the 486 filter on it and various lighting conditions to correct the green in the black.

Incidentally, I have been watching a few of the news shows and when the anchors or guests have black on they either have this slight green cast or magenta cast to the black. Probably an IR problem too and the green is where they have filtered the lens but not profiled the camera.