Leica: Message to the customers of the LEICA M8

daniel

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear Friends of Leica,

Customer feedback to us following the start of shipment of the LEICA M8 points to a performance under certain conditions that does not meet the expectations in the Leica brand. Our technical and engineering teams have isolated the source of these concerns und have identified definitive solutions. Over the next two weeks we will communicate a plan to further assure you of your investment in the LEICA M8.

We hope for your understanding and support. Please accept that I will not be able to answer all messages in the forum personally.

Kind regards

Leica Camera AG

Stefan Daniel

Product Management

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leica has a tradition aof postponed launch dates, that is something I think everyone can live with since this has to do with your aim for perfection, getting the product out in a good working order.

Offering the M8 with all these flaws is very un-Leica.

Take your time to fix things and keep us infomed.

When ready for use let me know, I'll run to the shop and forget about all the initial disappointment.

regards.

Fr.

Stefan,

We are with you and Leica and want the M8 to succeed as much as do you. Your pain is our pain so please understand our reticence about committment to purchases. Honest updates and encouragement from you will be returned many times over.

For many of us this is a survival point, just as it probaly is for Leica. Talk to us, update us, with honesty and we will support you. We need each other. Together we will triumph, but we need to be kept in the loop.

Thank you for taking this step.

Cheers,

Erl

The functional aspects of the M8 are excellent. It is truely a M camera worthy of the name. As a very long time M user, I took to it like a duck to water.

This is an important tool for me, one I have waited for for years ... I can wait a little longer.

I await your corrective digital solutions with positive anticipation.

This is excellent. Let's hope the fix will be as good as the message of intent.

Personally, for my natural light and landscape work I'm being absolutely bowled over by the quality of images I'm getting. There is clearly something which needs to be done with the AWB, but I'm sure that's just a firmware fix away.

Many thanks Stephan for posting. I'm planning to enjoy my M8 mightily whilst waiting for news.

Kind Regards

jono slack

jonathan slack - photographs

Stefan,

thanks for the acknowledgement and expectation setting.

Leica's customers deserve such a public and straight statement as you have made.

We all want to be successful with this product and look forward to it becoming another milestone in Leica's history, for you and for us.

Am excited about receiving my own M8 in December.

Best Regards

Andy

OK. Good move, Stefan. I'm relieved, Leica begins to handle this situation in a professional manner. I sincerely wish you the best to succeed with resolving the chip issues. We do need a quality alternative to Canon and what was that other camera company's name again..?.. Sony. ;-)

Guest guy_mancuso

Thanks Stefan, looking forward to the solution to the issues. If Leica needs folks to try something in the field, there are many of us here that would glad to be of assistance.

Stephan, good move. This should help stamp out the wildfire that was rapidly spreading and getting way out of hand, while at the same time re-establishing confidence amongst your loyal customers. My camera is not due until December and I hope that all future deliveries will have a suitable fix. The M8 is the camera I have been waiting years for, so I can wait a little longer—take your time and get it right otherwise we will all be sorry.

Looking forward to getting the M8 and thanks for the reassurance.

I'm sad that my awesome M lenses will have to wait just a little longer to see the light of a digital day but I'm happy to hear, and not the least surprised BTW, that Leica is working hard on making the M8 happen according to Leica standards. Take care.

Guest guy_mancuso
Dear Friends of Leica,

Customer feedback to us following the start of shipment of the LEICA M8 points to a performance under certain conditions that does not meet the expectations in the Leica brand. Our technical and engineering teams have isolated the source of these concerns und have identified definitive solutions. Over the next two weeks we will communicate a plan to further assure you of your investment in the LEICA M8.

We hope for your understanding and support. Please accept that I will not be able to answer all messages in the forum personally.

Kind regards

Leica Camera AG

Stefan Daniel

Product Management

Stefan if at all possible please give us updates to the progress being made on a regular basis, this would also help folks in planning there purchases and also give owners that already have the M8 some solutions as leica moves forward. Thanks Guy Mancuso