DNG updated to allow RAW corrections

Advertisement (gone after registration)

That's interesting news... I even wonder if this could someawy lead to an UVIR correction WITHOUT filter, directly in firmware OR in the RAW developing session...

Probably not, because a color correction algorithm can not tell the difference between an object that is supposed to be purple and one that is purple, because of IR contamination...

To fix IR you need to filter it out, before it reaches the sensor.

Lenses that exhibit major vignetting and distortion (Canon 24-105 f4) could carry lens corrections in a DNG straight out of the camera - rather than creating a proprietary NEF that should is best processed in an inadequate processing environment (Canon DPP) before being exported to Lightroom. . . Leica already rights lens correction to dng for cyan shift and vignetting, which carries through directly to lightroom. Naturally it can't be reversed with the press of a button, but I have yet to encounter an editing situation where I wanted to reverse in-camera lens correction.

Net net, I'm not sure how it would apply to my M8 workflow.

DNG updated to allow RAW corrections: Digital Photography Review

Whoa, sounds pretty fancy to me. When should we expect a firmware update for M8 / M8.2 with support to this new DNG version?