Schneider Betavaron

From a first look, this is NOT a photo lens: I think that the "Leica" allusion in the ad is completely out of topic (even if the screw mount could be indeed a 39x1...): for me this motorized lens is part of some scientific (medical ?) apparatus . "Betavaron" seems also to resemble me something about X-Rays or similar...

Edited by luigi bertolotti

Betavaron was Schneider's designation for lenses used on movie cameras. This one seems to have had two Faulhaber coreless motors installed, probably for focusing and aperture control.

Apart from apparently having a Leica Screw Mount, it has nothing to do with Leica.

Best,

Jan

Betavaron was Schneider's designation for lenses used on movie cameras. This one seems to have had two Faulhaber coreless motors installed, probably for focusing and aperture control.

Apart from apparently having a Leica Screw Mount, it has nothing to do with Leica.

Best,

Jan

Gosh... you're surely right.... I think that my vague idea about X-Rays apparats originated from some confusion on the name/term "Bevatron" or so... :)