Sign in to follow this  
aesop

Focomat V35 with Focotar-2 50mm

Advertisement (gone after registration)

...quick darkroom question - has anyone out there ever successfully used a Focomat V35 with a Focotar-2 50mm lens? I just tried to (with and without extension tube 17675) but do not seem to be able to focus the image manually. Does not make sense to me.

I would particularly appreciate feedback from folks with actual experience with the above combination. Thanks.

When new, a 50mm auto focus cam could be ordered to replace the 40 mm. Or the machine culd be ordered with a 50 mm Rodenstock Yasaron lens as a cheaper alturnative to the 40.

There is a point with the proper extension where it will focus, but it might be 5/12/18 mm extension and then it will not AF properly anyway.

When new, a 50mm auto focus cam could be ordered to replace the 40 mm. Or the machine culd be ordered with a 50 mm Rodenstock Yasaron lens as a cheaper alturnative to the 40.

There is a point with the proper extension where it will focus, but it might be 5/12/18 mm extension and then it will not AF properly anyway.

...thanks, tobey bilek. The Focotar 40mm 2.8 is my regular lens, but I have always wondered what the effect would be if I used my Focotar-2 50mm with the funky V35 lightbox. I glibly assumed the 50mm + 17675 would focus manually on the V35, but hey, you learn something new every day.

I have some other extension tubes stashed away somewhere and I hope one of them will provide a solution. Again, thanks for the support.

Hi, I use 8mm extension tube with 50mm lens on Focomat V35. I can manually focus without problems.

Hi, I use 8mm extension tube with 50mm lens on Focomat V35. I can manually focus without problems.

...super stuff, palec. Thanks for your support.