Take long exposure on Digilux 2

prabuleica

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello Im a newbie using Leica Digilux 2

and i was wondering can we take long exposure like 25 sec or more with digilux 2 using the release cable by Locking the button for long exposure IS it possible? because the D2 doesnt have B feature.

If that possible im going to buy the shutter release cable A.S.A.P :) to take photos at night with long exposure

Thanks

Prabu :p

Prabu,

This information will not get you a 'B' setting but, there was cable release available for the Digilux 2. It was called CR-DC1 and it plugs into the AV Out / Remote socket, located behind the door on the left side of the camera (left, looking from the back).

A similar accessory was available for the Panasonic DMC-LC1 and its code was DMW-RS1. It is probably still available, as it also fits other Panasonic models.

As Jaap mentions - the best (and only) way to get long exposures is to set the camera's shutter to Automatic. I would than adjust the f-stops manually, to get the correct and longest possible exposure. You can also of course use the camera in a fully manual mode and set the shutter to 1/2s, 1s, 2s, 4s, and as low as 8 seconds.

Best,

Jan

If you put it on auto it will expose considerably longer than 8 sec if needed.

Jaap,

Actually, it will not. The longest exposure in Auto mode that the camera is capable of, is 2 seconds. This is in both Full Auto and Aperture Priority. Exposures longer than 2 seconds can only be obtained in fully Manual Mode with the shutter speed dial set to 2+. Exposure times of 1s, 2s, 4s, and 8s are set via the thumb wheel, while the shutter speed dial is set to 2+.

Best,

Jan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello Im a newbie using Leica Digilux 2

and i was wondering can we take long exposure like 25 sec or more with digilux 2 using the release cable by Locking the button for long exposure IS it possible? because the D2 doesnt have B feature.

If that possible im going to buy the shutter release cable A.S.A.P :) to take photos at night with long exposure

Thanks

Prabu :p

Funny that nobody told you ! My best approach to long exposures with my D2 is - like proposed - A setting, but then using the delayed action : you avoid any accessory...