D-Lux 4 Memory card error

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi guys,

I just received my new D-Lux 4, nice little camera apart from not accepting my Sandisk 4GB Extreme III SDHC card.

I know the card is fine because it has served me well in my Nikon D80 without any issues.

I just get the "memory card error memory card parameter error" on screen which locks up the display, cant format or do anything.

I have tried the panasonic sd formatting program to no avail.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Do I have a dud camera, surely it should be able to handle this card right?

Hi Henry,

I don't have an answer but wanted to welcome you to the forum. The manual says it does accept SDHC cards, so I don't know why you're having problems. Do you have a regular SD card to test?

You must be completely FRUSTRATED at this point and I hope you resolve the issue quickly.

If it is of any help, I can confirm this exact card works in this camera as I just picked one up over the weekend.

This worked for me once, but has no basis in reasoning as far as I can tell. Do you have an SD card reader on your computer? Try writing a bunch of files to it, and then put it in the camera "full". It may recognize it then.

• 12 years later...

The first thing to do when you have used a card in another type of camera is to format it in the camera you are going to use it in. Otherwise you may run into all kinds of trouble. If that does not work, the most likely cause is a bad contact in the card slot. In that case you can try inserting a card with a MINIMAL amount of contact spray on the contacts a few times, but otherwise it is a case of return the camera to the sellr. 

Edited by jaapv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1