I have a love-hate relation ship with my M8

every now and then when it anoyes me again I decide to sell the piece of shit

and moments later I love it again and giving it names, let it slip into my hands just for the fun of it

;-)

I bought a Panasonic GF-1 about a year ago and put away my "annoying" M8. The GF-1 is easy to carry around and takes great snap shots. Several weeks ago my wife and I went on a trip to a place that just begged to be photographed. I took the GF-1. When we got home I looked at the pictures and while they were very nice they weren't in the same league as the pictures that I could have taken with my M8. :( That's a hard lesson to learn. :o

• Like 1

I bought a Panasonic GF-1 about a year ago and put away my "annoying" M8. The GF-1 is easy to carry around and takes great snap shots. Several weeks ago my wife and I went on a trip to a place that just begged to be photographed. I took the GF-1. When we got home I looked at the pictures and while they were very nice they weren't in the same league as the pictures that I could have taken with my M8. :( That's a hard lesson to learn. :o

Put good Leica lenses on an M8 and use the camera within its performance envelope and you (we) will be rewarded with jewels on the card. I have a GF1 and D300s, all great cameras, but not the same, even with great lenses.

• Like 1

There already is one.

More pictures of the Leica MP 60th Anniversary of People’s Republic of China edition | Leica News & Rumors

What a waste of the 50 Lux ASPH in my opinion....

I think, the focus tab should have been made of massive gold instead of plastic.

Other from that, I find, it is a very, very beautiful camera.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A few years ago I was in Cochem (Germany) & saw a gold M-something for sale at the local market (might have been a wine festival or similar, I forget :rolleyes:)

Anyway, this was before I knew anything much about Leica & I thought that it must be a fake.In retrospect I should have bought it - as an investment obviously.