An M8 Photo :

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

See did...http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m8-forum/113481-m8-old-glass.html

Maggie has 6 or 7 posts with this lens.

Jeff

Thanks for the tip Jeff!

I've also got a Flickr photoset of pix from it.

Maggie - these shots are awesome!

They are the hard proof, that always wanting the latest and greatest gear is not substantiated for making better photos at all!

I have shown, how my M8.2 looks, here is, what photographs from it look:

L1032377-2.jpg

L1032427.jpg

L1032435.jpg

I love my M8.2, as it inspires me to experiment and doesn't let me down with the prints.

I've bought a used M8 more or less by coincident, because I put a very low play-bid on the Bay and to my astonshment won it.... so I had to postpone my 'save money for an M9'-project :mad:....

The reason for wanting a digital M was to use it for experiments with my collection of old LTM-lenses, and I must say. the M8 has not disappointed me, on the contrary. I have started to show some results in the 'Old glass' thread, but OK, here is one for this thread. The Summaron 3.5/35 is sharp in the center but soft in the edges (without vignetting) and gives this real old-fashioned glow.

Johan

M8 1951 Summaron uncoated 3.5/35

f4 1/90s ISO160 no filter.

Thanks for the tip Jeff!

I have shown, how my M8.2 looks, here is, what photographs from it look:

L1032377-2.jpg

I love my M8.2, as it inspires me to experiment and doesn't let me down with the prints.

Cool Racing Images!

I am wondering which lens or lenses you used for these images?

Richard in Michigan

I've bought a used M8 more or less by coincident, because I put a very low play-bid on the Bay and to my astonshment won it.... so I had to postpone my 'save money for an M9'-project :mad:....

The reason for wanting a digital M was to use it for experiments with my collection of old LTM-lenses, and I must say. the M8 has not disappointed me, on the contrary. I have started to show some results in the 'Old glass' thread, but OK, here is one for this thread. The Summaron 3.5/35 is sharp in the center but soft in the edges (without vignetting) and gives this real old-fashioned glow.

Johan

M8 1951 Summaron uncoated 3.5/35

f4 1/90s ISO160 no filter.

There is no bad lens on the M8. That's part of the beauty of this particular incarnation of the M.

Cool Racing Images!

I am wondering which lens or lenses you used for these images?

Richard in Michigan

Thanks Richard - I used a 90 Elmarit-M 2.8 on the M8.2.

Mainly I shot a Nikon D3 with 300 2.8 VR though - photos are on my website.

I really enjoyed using the M8.2 a bit for these ;-) Have to do more motor sports with the Leica.

My M8 with a new bikini top (Claret from Camera Leather).

Please excuse the poor, non-artistic photo here. I do not really have any decent digital camera apart from the M8. I took this photo with a $99 P&S camera...

I had a hard time deciding which color to get and finally settled with this one, and I love the result. It is really gorgeous. The surface is very smooth but in fact, it has more grip in comparison with the original shark skin.

My M3 will have the same top soon :D

Morgan at Camera Leather was a pleasure to deal with. Placed an order and got the covering in 3 days!

cheers

mashu

• 1 year later...

Far too few pictures of your M8 set ups on here... so here's mine. And, yes; I love it. :)

28 Summicron; M8.2 with Gordies strap, Novoflex Q mini plate, Avenon PH Air and missing paint in logo; early V1 75mm Summilux.

Shot this with my old DL4. Was quite shocked to find I'd forgotten how to work my way round the menus; what a pain! God I love the simplicity of the M.

Photoshop is for illustrators and graphic artists! It has the wrong name!

Good luck!

John

Photoshop IS photo retouching tool for many many people. I've used photoshop since ver, 3 for mainly roto-scoping and matt-painting. I'm not sure about illustrators, though.

My M8.2 + Summilux-M 50mm 1:1.4 ASPH. & Digilux 2, I love both of them!

when I bought my M8 I was not sure of What I was buying. I ignored lot of thing as UV/IR filters did used it for mainly for B&W . Then I had filters and seen some thing has changed and all of a suddenly I find my M8 has changed my vision in to the colour photography completely in a different way. I am finding how M8 can improve my ability in Colour photography and,

<< I say I too like my M8***** >>:D

My M8.2 + Summilux-M 50mm 1:1.4 ASPH. & Digilux 2, I love both of them!

"...the Leica Digilux 2 will lead you directly into temptation and lust for Leica M9," said Thorsten Overgaard.

Well, almost for me but i have no regret and very well contented with an M8.2 now.