No problems here. All the patients in this ward have long since been taken by the fondling disease.

However, I do NOT love the thicket of decisions one has to successfully navigate (through Photoshop) to get a viewable image out of one's inkjet printer. Far too much time scratching my threadbare head in front of this bloody computer screen trying to figure out why the image on my M8's tiny screen is still elusive when it comes to making a decent print.

ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!

-g

• Like 1

Hi Doc,

Good to see you here.

The point is to bring some balance in the universe, you know... keep the ying AND the yang, and make up for so much aggravation by those who do not seem to love the M8 (they are obviously free to do so, but I just find them a lot louder than those who think otherwise causing the imbalance I wish to adress) :D Hence, similar to those threads where people shout their love for their MP (I LUV MY MP too by the way) I decided to start a GOOD thread about my beloved M8.

Cheers - Paga

The next special edition? :D

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hi Doc,

Good to see you here.

The point is to bring some balance in the universe, you know... keep the ying AND the yang, and make up for so much aggravation by those who do not seem to love the M8 (they are obviously free to do so, but I just find them a lot louder than those who think otherwise causing the imbalance I wish to adress) :D Hence, similar to those threads where people shout their love for their MP (I LUV MY MP too by the way) I decided to start a GOOD thread about my beloved M8.

Cheers - Paga

Paga,

...yes..."the ying AND the yang" ;)

I am going to "upgrade" my second M8 at Solms

I know that you already made it.

Is it worth blow it or not?

Thanks for your opinion.

Henry

Photoshop is for illustrators and graphic artists! It has the wrong name!

Good luck!

John

I don't agree at all, but I do think you are right that it takes quite a bit of study and experience to use and may be overkill in a number of cases and for a number of users.

Grober, try an HP B9180 printer and use Lightroom.

Epson drivers are a nightmare.

Good luck!

John

Nevertheless, you love your M8, right? :p

Paga,

...yes..."the ying AND the yang" ;)

I am going to "upgrade" my second M8 at Solms

I know that you already made it.

Is it worth blow it or not?

Thanks for your opinion.

Henry

Hi Doc,

Honestly I think the most important upgrade is on the shutter which on top of the firmware upgrade is IMHO a lot quieter and more stable... Non scientific estimate on my part is that I can now easily go down below 1/8s without too much trouble and I am almost as stealth as with my MP. In fact I feel that the remaining clunk noise is mostly noticed by the shooter rather than by the "shootee"

For the rest of the upgrade it is more cosmetic (sapphire screen) and a matter of habit and calibration (for the frame) vs other M's one might be using, but since the x1.3 factor is still... a factor (punt intended) it sometimes feels a bit weird when shooting M8 then MP then back to M8, but I am not complaining, I like it a lot regardless.

As a matter of fact, I have come to the point where I wished our friends in Solms would remove features and simplify the M8 rather adding features and functions like some of the whiners continuously whine about! I enjoy the minimalist style of my MP for good reasons, and I think the M8 should follow the same philosophy: only shoot RAW, allowing to display B&W but no JPG treatment inside the camera, all manual (no A or S mode), it is just missing a quick ISO button on the outside, maybe they could include it by default on the back wheel; and that is it, trash everything that is not related to pure and simple manual RAW shooting :D

Anyhow, I want to make sure all who - like me - love their M8 have this thread to say it, and say it loud, we are not going to take it any other way :)

Regards - Paga

• Like 1

Grober, try an HP B9180 printer and use Lightroom.

Epson drivers are a nightmare.

Good luck!

John

Thanks, John. You are now the second person recommending that I use LR. I'll check out the HP printer you recommended too.

-g

Thanks, John. You are now the second person recommending that I use LR. I'll check out the HP printer you recommended too.

-g

...and of course you LOVE YOUR M8 (because it is the subject of this tread, remember?) :D