Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yeah if you can get one!!! I am waiting for a used M9.2 though, I still LOVE MY M8.u even if it might resale for less now :p The other day I was discussing with a gentleman from a famous NY photography store, and he was pointing out how expensive the X1 was and thus providing a floor price for the price of the M8 which is still a better camera on many levels IMHO :D So I am in no rush to replace the M8 ;)

And BTW, i also love my M8, i just bought a "new" used one since my "late" M8 have been missing in action for almost a year, it was like getting my right eye back, after wearing a patch for a looooong time...:)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Has anyone put a black Leica logo on a silver body? I'm wondering how that would look, It looks great on a black body.

Looks like nobody has. I decided to see what it looks like on my own. Not bad at all. BTW, this is only a PSCS4 job. It still has its original Red Dot.

My new Leica M8.2 and Leica 50/2 Summicron is a fantastic combination for street shots

in San Francisco

Hi all,

I only recently bought into a Leica M system. Managed to secure a used M6 black in a very good condition with a 90mm summicron type II (i think) at Aperture and then was lucky enough to spot a very very good deal for an M8 with a 35mm cron APSH at RG Lewis.

I've primarily been a Nikon guy, but so far a week with the Leicas have changed my life - for one, I can actually carry the camera with me everyday, the D700 was much too bulky. The M6 has smoother operation, smooth shutter release, quieter shutter and a more 'solid' feel and I've never had so much pleasure taking pictures than with the Leicas.

With the M8, I was amazed with the sharpness and clarity of the files, at base ISOs, they beat the D700 hands down, and maybe it is just me, but I feel that the M8 records more balanced colours compared the the Nikon - but this is just a visual indication.

Anyway I am attaching some pictures of my new babies, one of which is the obligatory self portrait shot! Also posted more pictures of the cameras on my website here: My Leicas. | Kang : Photographer . I am very happy to be a Leica user now and will try and be more engaging in this forum.

Leica-M6-and-Leica-M8-307-of-16.jpg

Leicas-8.jpg