Thanks, John. You are now the second person recommending that I use LR. I'll check out the HP printer you recommended too.

-g

Hi,

I use lightroom for few months now and couldn't do without it now.

It is a fantastic software.

Plenty of good books and websites to learn and improve the way to get the best of it.

all the best,

Jean-Luc

Thanks Paga for your reply !

I will "upgrade"my M8 in September (rendez vous taken to Solms)

and ...i love my M8 the proof by photo :)and the possibility to make macrophoto with this wonderful lens i mean the 90mm

Regards

Henry

PS :Enrico,

"hate" you really "your M8"?

Best regards

Henry

That is the most pimped out M8 I have ever seen! This looks like the east LA low-rider version of an M8 !! Anyway you can get spinners on that bad boy? (a spinning filter I guess).

All

As a long time M4-P/M6 user, with a half hearted foray into DSLR digital behind me (no brands mentioned) I finally took the "plunge" today and bought a used chrome M8 in very nice condition with a Luigi halfcase. I took delivery of the kit this morning, charged the battery, updated to firmware 2.004, did a quick hand coding of my Summicron 35 (IV) and took some quick shots out my window.

I have to say that the image quality in the M8 files was way over and above what I have seen with my brand X DSLR (now sold, lenses and all).

I am fully aware that I am preaching to the choir here, but still: The M8 truly rocks.

Carl E

All

As a long time M4-P/M6 user, with a half hearted foray into DSLR digital behind me (no brands mentioned) I finally took the "plunge" today and bought a used chrome M8 in very nice condition with a Luigi halfcase. I took delivery of the kit this morning, charged the battery, updated to firmware 2.004, did a quick hand coding of my Summicron 35 (IV) and took some quick shots out my window.

I have to say that the image quality in the M8 files was way over and above what I have seen with my brand X DSLR (now sold, lenses and all).

I am fully aware that I am preaching to the choir here, but still: The M8 truly rocks.

Carl E

Well done Carl, congratulations :p And you can still use the M6 with the same Summicron if you feel like shooting some film, if you feel the urge to smell the fixator on your fingers instead of the computer mouse; I do both and always enjoy both: bi-curious? :D:rolleyes:

It's true. I rented one because I was afraid to make a huge mistake that would commit me to sell the film Ms when I wasn't happy with the images.

The first upload from the M8 totally convinced me. In another part of my life I shoot (still shoot) D300s with pro lenses. But the M8 files are better, truly.

All

Carl E

• 5 months later...

It was with a great deal of trepidation that I took the plunge and bought my M8 two weeks or so ago. There was so much bad press about IR and shutter and 1.33 crop etc, etc. A quick walk through the Palm Beach Photographic Center display of Ann Curry's work; most shot with an M8 and printed on site to 24x30 and larger, with no up rezzing convinced me that it was a great camera.

Several hundred captures later and the results are impressive; files as detailed as my full frame DSLR; much smaller and lighter to carry and a wonderful feel in the hand. It's a wonderful camera to use. So yes, I LOVE my M8!

After giving up on the M8 and lugging a big dSLR around for a while, I picked up an M8.2 that had been abandoned for an M9. So far, it seems a well fettled camera compared to the 8, and when matched up with black paint lenses, it looks and feels the business.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

After giving up on the M8 and lugging a big dSLR around for a while, I picked up an M8.2 that had been abandoned for an M9. So far, it seems a well fettled camera compared to the 8, and when matched up with black paint lenses, it looks and feels the business.

I've been lugging big DSLRs (and big DSLR zoom lenses) around for a while. Still do when I am being paid to shoot. For my personal shooting I picked up an M8.2. Loving it. I read all of the posts regarding the teething pains of the M8. Decided the M8.2 was the answer. That seems to be the case. I'm a happy camper.

loving my new M8...long time M2 shooter who went dslr crazy for the past 4 years. Now im back.

M8 and Super Angulon.

I love my M8. It went off to Allendale. N.J. for repair (I keep getting the infamous "Card Locked" message). I don't like being without the camera. I hope I don't get charged for the repair since it is the second time it goes back for the same reason. Still, I love what it can produce.

Hi Doc,

Honestly I think the most important upgrade is on the shutter which on top of the firmware upgrade is IMHO a lot quieter and more stable... Non scientific estimate on my part is that I can now easily go down below 1/8s without too much trouble and I am almost as stealth as with my MP. In fact I feel that the remaining clunk noise is mostly noticed by the shooter rather than by the "shootee"

For the rest of the upgrade it is more cosmetic (sapphire screen) and a matter of habit and calibration (for the frame) vs other M's one might be using, but since the x1.3 factor is still... a factor (punt intended) it sometimes feels a bit weird when shooting M8 then MP then back to M8, but I am not complaining, I like it a lot regardless.

As a matter of fact, I have come to the point where I wished our friends in Solms would remove features and simplify the M8 rather adding features and functions like some of the whiners continuously whine about! I enjoy the minimalist style of my MP for good reasons, and I think the M8 should follow the same philosophy: only shoot RAW, allowing to display B&W but no JPG treatment inside the camera, all manual (no A or S mode), it is just missing a quick ISO button on the outside, maybe they could include it by default on the back wheel; and that is it, trash everything that is not related to pure and simple manual RAW shooting :D

Anyhow, I want to make sure all who - like me - love their M8 have this thread to say it, and say it loud, we are not going to take it any other way :)

Regards - Paga

Hey Paga

There is a cure for this disease.............An M9

I love my M8 AND my M9.........go for it brothers

Woody