Is the M8 really a 'PRO' camera?

efftee

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A Leica M8 can be used for any type of photography.

A Leica M8 can be user for every type of photography.

Is there a difference? Aren't they both just synonyms for 'all'?

By definition, 'any' does not mean 'every'. In this case, if you insist that an M8 could be used for any and every occasion, then they mean the same thing to you. However, even in my limited experience, I would beg to differ. Sure, you could use the butt of a screwdriver to hammer a nail, but I do not agree that the M8 could be used in every type of photography. Sorry.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are not a 'pro' so why are you curious? Is it simply concern for Leica's future or something else?

Jeff

Hmm. I don't know. I don't rationalize my curiosity. Do you?

I'm not quite so audacious as to say I am concerned about Leica's future. I am an insignificant nobody in the grand scheme of things. But I do think about it. And I am beginning to regret voicing it.

I do not agree that the M8 could be used in every type of photography. Sorry.

Neither do I, I was just providing it as an example of every and any being synonyms after you'd questioned them having similar meanings.

How about...

He enjoys any type of fruit

He enjoys every type of fruit

He enjoys all types of fruit.

They all indicate the same underlying thing do they not?

Hmm. I don't know. I don't rationalize my curiosity. Do you?

I'm not quite so audacious as to say I am concerned about Leica's future. I am an insignificant nobody in the grand scheme of things. But I do think about it. And I am beginning to regret voicing it.

Well surely your question has been answered now hasn't it?

Neither do I, I was just providing it as an example of every and any being synonyms after you'd questioned them having similar meanings.

How about...

He enjoys any type of fruit

He enjoys every type of fruit

He enjoys all types of fruit.

They all indicate the same underlying thing do they not?

Actually, 'he enjoys ANY type of fruit' does not make sense. It is contextually wrong to say someone could enjoy 'any' type of fruit. Again, sorry. :)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am beginning to regret voicing it.

Good, what took so long! This was a fatuous and disingenuous question from the outset. The OP already knew 'the answer', as would anyone who bothered to browse the forum and check who were the professionals and what they were shooting. To have enjoyed prolonging such a wind up non-sequitur for nearly four pages smacks of attention-seeking for its own sake and further compounds the poor judgement in having tried to orchestrate the forum in the first place.

Actually, 'he enjoys ANY type of fruit' does not make sense. It is contextually wrong to say someone could enjoy 'any' type of fruit. Again, sorry. :)

I have given this more thought and I guess you can say 'he enjoys any type of fruit', just not a common way of putting it. But still, any is not every.

Good, what took so long! This was a fatuous and disingenuous question from the outset. The OP already knew 'the answer', as would anyone who bothered to browse the forum and check who were the professionals and what they were shooting. To have enjoyed prolonging such a wind up non-sequitur for nearly four pages smacks of attention-seeking for its own sake and further compounds the poor judgement in having tried to orchestrate the forum in the first place.

Mr Pope, sorry that I did not ask a question that meets with your approval. I thought, as a forum, its members had some freedom in expressing an opinion, as well as engage others in a discussion on a topic that he/she chooses. I also apologize for responding to remarks made by others and so caused this thread to span 4 pages, although I don't know how that should infuriate you. I was not planning on replying but just because you are rude is no reason that I should be too. :rolleyes:

'I was genuinely trying to find out if an M8 could be used professionally in any field of photography' =

1. if there are any fields at all it can be used in.

2. if it can be used in all fields.

efftee meant 1, hope that helps.

Fashion accessory, status symbol, ego stick, but it is used by Pros as well :D

[ATTACH]146499[/ATTACH]

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!