Shoes to wear when shooting with the M8

scaryink

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Darlings, there are so many discussions about carrying cases, bags, and camera straps. But what about comfortable yet stylish shoes to wear when toting those beautiful pieces of German/Portuguese engineering?

I mean Luigi cases, crumpler and artist and artisan are all fine and dandy, but hello, have you never heard of Bally???

So Im wondering, do you wear open toed, loafers, or tie shoes - and pleazze people dont tell me you wear any shoes with velcro!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you mean shoes to wear with a chrome camera, a black camera or the very special ones for the Safari or White editions? That makes quite a difference, you know. The black paint versions can only be used with a smoking and black laquer shoes of course.

Great merciful Heaven, man, you are clearly unenlightened. Allow me to assist. The valet of a Leica-owning Gentleman will always lay out as follows:

Chrome in Town,

Black in the Country.

Wool worsted in Town,

Tweed in the Country.

Oxfords in Town,

Brogues in the country.

What's "velcro"?

Regards,

Bill

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I will show my collection:

Chrome,

Black,

Safari

White

and special ones when I am in a sensitive mood on the Forum

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

here's a hip tip when shooting weddings, i wear my nice fitted dark grey armani suit with black fitted shirt, black socks and black slip-on john varvatos converse sneakers. you'll definitely look modern but understated enough to blend in with the guests. plus this color combo definitely goes well with all colors of the M8. but remember, the suit has to be fitted and clean. just look at photos of brad pitt or seal, two stylish M users. please don;t go in an all black ensemble... that's so typical "artist" garb... and you're not a mime.

Guest tvleeskr

My pink Crocks always distract camera attention of the people I'd like to photograph in a natural pose. Except during the Gay Parade of course.

I think this would cover any model, focal length or time of year...

I'm just not sure how it should be coded...

sharis_red_shoes.jpg

Sadly I do not have the legs for that... Afraid this is me on a recent trip... Anyone know where its from?...

NILE2008.10034.JPG

Edited by sfokevin

I'm absolutely serious about this: I usually wear Merrells with Superfeet Insoles. the kind of Merrels that are closed shoes but a part of them is mesh that lets air through. I do street photography and really loose myself in it. Sometimes I'll start walking and talking pictures and realize that three hours have gone by, my feet hurt, and I am far away from my car in a different part of town. Also, merrell's are perfect shoes for "fight or flight" in case you offend some gangbanger by taking his photograph. they are extremely comfortable and not too nerdy, and thus become my favorite pair of shoes for M8 outings.

Great merciful Heaven, man, you are clearly unenlightened. Allow me to assist. The valet of a Leica-owning Gentleman will always lay out as follows:

And gentlemen never wear brown. Or at least brown shoes under a blue suit :eek: Never!

I hope the next thread does not ask about what underwear to wear when shooting with the M8 ... I am sure many would answer diapers (Pampers) as we all sh.. in our pants that some kind of fatal failure happen to it ;)

I forget that non-islanders have not seen formal slippers... black, of course, with blue swim suits.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!