Euro trip results ....

Tats

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear All, Firstly many many thanks to all that helped me in my search for my euro-trip camera in this link -> http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m8-forum/66024-camera-recommendation-euro-trip-low-light.html

I ended up with the Panasonic LX3 based on 24mm, f2.0 lens, controls and price - I thought long and hard about the d-lux4, but at the time I figured that the few extra dollars would pay for a few nights in a hotel.

I've put photos on

LX3 Photos - a set on Flickr

All of these were show in jpeg with iA everything set to automatic, even focus. No touchups have been done, these are a straight import into iPhoto from the card then back out to flickr.

I played with the camera for a few months and came to the conclusion that I didn't need to muck around with the in camera settings, it didn't seem to get me anywhere closer to where I wanted to be - I can do all that with Lightroom later anyway. I think this helped me think about composition more.

The one with the aircraft overhead was a rush job - they appeared, I took off the lens cap and pressed the button, I was very surprised I got the image.

Am I happy - you bet! Would I recommend an LX3 - you bet! Would I buy another - I'd probably buy the dlux4 to be honest.....

Feedback appreciated....Rich

Beautiful trip you did in my country :D

Very good pictures, I particularly like the Kelvingrove Display, but I've found them all quite remarkable.

I suppose the PAN (National Acrobatic Patrol) pictures of the Frecce Tricolori jets was shot on June 2 that was the Republic Day.

Hope you had a great time.