Advertisement (gone after registration)

Early this morning after several weeks' scouting the area:

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://wildlightphoto.com/mammals/lagomorphs/btha04.jpg&key=31b5fbdb1d9b7209b23c9302519d49f8fb7577d65b8188789b748708e2b630a7">

It's a Black-tailed Hare, also known as a Jackrabbit.

technical stuff: R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R, shoulder stock & monopod. All comments welcome.

Doug -

I'm used to your birds, but this little quadraped is excellent in subject, framing, detail, light, color and selective focus.

Makes me want to zoom into the picture and enjoy the full detail this image has to offer.

Like this?

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://www.wildlightphoto.com/mammals/lagomorphs/btha04crop.jpg&key=fbb349897f3806a19b5d685b1b0f34db46e9547208ae1eaca2003a308b5def73">

Thanks for the comments!

Doug, spectacular, subtle colors & details. Is this in a "safe", no hunting preserve or just the wild?

Doug, spectacular, subtle colors & details. Is this in a "safe", no hunting preserve or just the wild?

It's in a 'no hunting' area, part of the flood plain of the American River here in Sacramento County.

A real stunner. I see these beautiful creatures often when I stay in New Mexico and have grown to adore them....so much so that I own a life size bronze of one!

That is a fantastic picture, I don't think you can get it any sharper than that.

You using the ground glass focusing screen?

Cheers Jan