Off Camera flash TTL cable for M8 & SF24D

Iansky

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I did a similar post to this a while back and only got responses regarding studio flash.

I am interested in using the SF24D "off camera" but want to retain the TTL capability.

Does anyone currently do this and are they retaining full TTL capability, if so, what TTL off camera cable are you using?

Thanks,

Ian

I did a similar post to this a while back and only got responses regarding studio flash.

I am interested in using the SF24D "off camera" but want to retain the TTL capability.

Does anyone currently do this and are they retaining full TTL capability, if so, what TTL off camera cable are you using?

Thanks,

Ian

I believe tht their is a Nikon flash cable that will do this (I have the number in a LFI article/will pm you with it tomorrow). The Nikon one has been discontiued but I seem to remember that Jessops sell their own branded version of it.

Brian

Ian- I think Brian is correct; I'm looking for the same and I think the Nikon cables are an SC-17 and maybe an SC-28, which I think is the update to the SC-17.

Any of you veterans used these with desired effects?

Hal

Edited by hjorlsrgn

Ian- I think Brian is correct; I'm looking for the same and I think the Nikon cables are an SC-17 and maybe an SC-28, which I think is the update to the SC-17.

Any of you veterans used these with desired effects?

Hal

Can I reply although I would not place myself in the veterans category?

You are correct the SC 17, which own, gives full functions. The SC 28 is the same but slightly longer and of course being new more expensive.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

You are asking for a Nikon SC-17 or its replacement SC-19.

And do yourself a service, subscribe to http://www.reidreviews.com and read Sean's piece on "Working With Flash". The SF 24D is like made for this sort of thing.

The old man from the Age of Flash Powder

"I am interested in using the SF24D "off camera" but want to retain the TTL capability."

i didn't find a a mention of "TTL" capability in the M8 manual, just "GNC" = Guide Number Control to be set on the flash unit. :confused:

greetings from hamburg

rick

Thank you all so much for your responses - I think I will try and track down an SC-17.

Regards,

Ian

Hello Ian

The SC17 is the one in the article in LFI .Jessops used to sell this branded Jessop for Nikon Cameras.

Brian

The article in LFI was about 2 years ago and written by Ronald ,one of the forum moderators.The article was about flash units with the M8 If you would like a copy pm me your email address.

I would be very interested to hear of anyone's practical experiences with the SF24D for this purpose, as I would have thought the flash is not strong enough for off-camera flash unless pointed directly at the subject.

I am planning to purchase an SF58 in the summer. Would the same cables work with this unit?

Thanks

Robert