What lens shade for 35mm f/3.5 Summaron?

brucek

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Can anybody help? So far I've been unable to find a catalog number in any of my reference books. Looks like I have the M3 version (no goggles) and I'd like to try using the lens on my M7 and/or M8.

Thanks.

You need to look for the IROOA (or 12571) shade. Your lens is the regular one; it's the M3 version that has the goggles.

I see KEH have a couple listed, though eBay might be cheaper of course.

Alternatively the more common 12585 hood will probably fit fine.

You need to look for the IROOA (or 12571) shade. Your lens is the regular one; it's the M3 version that has the goggles.

Well, that's what I thought too. But in looking in Lager's Volume II Leica Lens book the markings on it are a perfect match for what is indicated to be the lens for the M3. I suppose there's no reason that the lens couldn't have been separated from the goggles at some point.

Thanks!

Well, that's what I thought too. But in looking in Lager's Volume II Leica Lens book the markings on it are a perfect match for what is indicated to be the lens for the M3. I suppose there's no reason that the lens couldn't have been separated from the goggles at some point.

Thanks!

The FIRST Summaron 3,5 for M3 was un-goggled (like the one above) and needed external VF (typically, the SBLOO); goggled version arrived later. Anyway, the front ring, i.e., the hood too, is always the same.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks!

In that case it would have a flat piece with a little ball in the middle on top of the mount, and would be permanently locked at infinity.

In that case it would have a flat piece with a little ball in the middle on top of the mount, and would be permanently locked at infinity.

Ah. Well it doesn't have the flat piece nor is it locked at infinity. So Mr. Lager's book appears to have a misattribution for that particular lens.

Thanks for the information!

Can anybody help? So far I've been unable to find a catalog number in any of my reference books. Looks like I have the M3 version (no goggles) and I'd like to try using the lens on my M7 and/or M8.

Thanks.

The one I am in process of selling had a screw thread to take an E39 filter – earlier versions don't. I bought a B+W collapsible rubber hood (the lens is very prone to flare so some sort of hood is pretty essential); these are very inexpensive, and work well. A Leica hood I was also sold sat so close to the aperture ring that it made it difficult to change aperture settings easily. The B+W of course screwed either directly into the lens or into an E39 UV/IR filter.