Darkroom Q. FB paper

MattLain

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone, its a bit of a shot in the dark, but I've got my eyes on some Fomatone FB 132. I'll be using the 43"x10m roll stock.

Has anyone had experience with this in a non-lith process?

Or specifically any comments on how it reacts to Kodak Dektol?

Guest kirkmingle

Hi Matt,

I have just used Fomatone 131 (which is the glossy version) for 24 pictures and developed it in Dektol. Results are outstanding. The paper has a discrete creamy look after being developed instead of just pure white. I like that. I have not used the 132 matte version but I am sure it is perfect. I prefer glossy papers though.

I bougth it at Fotoimpex in Berlin. Highly recommended.

Have fun!

Hi Matt,

I have just used Fomatone 131 (which is the glossy version) for 24 pictures and developed it in Dektol. Results are outstanding. The paper has a discrete creamy look after being developed instead of just pure white. I like that. I have not used the 132 matte version but I am sure it is perfect. I prefer glossy papers though.

I bougth it at Fotoimpex in Berlin. Highly recommended.

Have fun!

Thanks very much for the reply kirkmingle. Your outcome sounds like exactly the thing I'm looking for, and consistent with other views I've heard.

I think I'll try some small cut down sheets first of each version and see which works best for myself. I've heard the 132 isn't quite so matte as expected, but we'll see.

Cheers, Matt.

Guest kirkmingle
I think I'll try some small cut down sheets first of each version and see which works best for myself.

I would like to recommend the Adox Fint Print Vario Classic series also for similar outstanding results. This paper is really thick and nice but the paper base is more white after developing. And it's from Berlin also.

I'm looking forward to hear more about your results.

I would like to recommend the Adox Fint Print Vario Classic series also.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll look into it.

Are these papers much cheaper when buying from Germany with shipment to the UK than ordering from London?

The final work will be finished in a year but I'll post up some work prints in the next few weeks/months.

Matt.