Summilux D firmware update?

pretzel logic

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Digilux 3 with camera firmware 2.0.

Summilux 25mm D firmware 1.1.

I tried to install the Lens firmware of 2.1 onto my camera, but it seems that you need to be running the camera firmware 2.1, which afaik Leica haven't released. Panasonic have the L1 firmware available, but can I install this on my Digilux 3?

Perhaps if I installed v.2.1 of the L1 firmware on my Digilux until I updated the lens firmware to v2.1, and then reinstall the Leica firmware 2.0?

I couldnt seem to find a v2.0 lens firmware as Panasonic's site was only v2.1, but if I had the v2.0 would it install on my camera as the Digilux is running v2.0?

I appreciate this post doesnt seem too coherent and may take a few reads to decipher, but any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Robert.

Digilux 3 with camera firmware 2.0.

Summilux 25mm D firmware 1.1.

I tried to install the Lens firmware of 2.1 onto my camera, but it seems that you need to be running the camera firmware 2.1, which afaik Leica haven't released. Panasonic have the L1 firmware available, but can I install this on my Digilux 3?

Perhaps if I installed v.2.1 of the L1 firmware on my Digilux until I updated the lens firmware to v2.1, and then reinstall the Leica firmware 2.0?

I couldnt seem to find a v2.0 lens firmware as Panasonic's site was only v2.1, but if I had the v2.0 would it install on my camera as the Digilux is running v2.0?

I appreciate this post doesnt seem too coherent and may take a few reads to decipher, but any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Robert.

Robert,

I'm not sure I fully got your question, but I'll try my best to clear these things a bit.

4/3 users of both Pana and Oly were stuck by their respective cameras when it came to upgrade the firmware of a lens from the other brand, so last year the two makers agreed to a "joint update service" and issued firmware updates that will allow for the updating of the lens firmware irrespectively of the camera brand they are mounted on.

This brings us close to your question, guess so at least ...

1)

The P/L1 v2.1 firmware will allow just that and nothing else, and afaik no Leica D/3 counterpart has been released up to now.

2)

the firmware update for the P/Summilux 25/1.4 only makes it compatible with the AF method used on the new micro_4/3 cameras, of which you can have only the Panasonic ones at the moment.

Conclusion: even if you could update your lens firmware to the new one, this would be absolutely useless on your current camera. If you'll ever get an m4/3 camera, I expect it will let you do the update, so my suggestion is not to worry about doing it now. If you still think you really need it, well, I guess you can always ask the Pana service to do that for you.

3)

No, you cannot crossload the firmware btw the L1 and the D/3, they are slightly different and it should check for a compatible camera before install.

So much for the theory ... the Leica service will surely help in case the camera check went sort of wrong of course. :-)

Hope this helps.

Edited by ASpes