Alan Moore

barnabythebear

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hiya all,

Here is my fist picture post!! I've only had my M8 a couple of days and today is the first time I've been out with it. I'm totally new to rangefinders so I'm struggling a bit with focus!

Anyway, today I had a chance to meet the great Alan Moore at my (and his), local comic store.

Thanks

nige.

An excellent first post and welcome to the forum. You should be able to do a lot more with this image in terms of working with tonalities. There are silver/grey streaks in all that hair: work with Curves in Photoshop (or other PP) to bring that out more. Also, work with emphasizing the textural contrasts between the hair and the facial skin. The skin makes a strong diagonal line, compositionally speaking. Work with that too. This image has a lot of potential points of emphasis that could be exploited more fully.

Nige -

Welcome to the forum, and based on this first post, more please!. Excellent for sensitivity, subject, emotion, composition and detail. I encourage you to honor your wonderful image with some post processing -- very much like selecting exposure times and paper grades in a wet darkroom, as suggested by Neil, above. Here's one such interpretation which took about 30 seconds to do:

Hiya,

Thanks again!

An interesting rendition Stuart. I certainly intend to make learning post processing a priority. I find the interface of C One 4 a little daunting. Up until now i've only used point and shoot cameras with no pp. I have a lot to learn!

thanks

nige.