Digilux 2 page updated - and secrets revealed!

Overgaard

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My Digilux 2 page has been undergoing a few updates and changes, and one particular part some might find interesting is the side-by-side comparisons of Digilux 2 camera files and final Photoshop files of Hans Blix and Maibritt.

Have a look, and please sugges changes or improvements if you stumble over anything. The page(s) has been created by adding, adding and adding. So there might be things I haven't noticed.

leica.overgaard.dk - Thorsten Overgaard's Leica Sites - Leica Digilux 2 sample photos and tests (as well as Panasonic DMC-LC1) - Page 1 of 3

My Digilux 2 page has been undergoing a few updates and changes, and one particular part some might find interesting is the side-by-side comparisons of Digilux 2 camera files and final Photoshop files of Hans Blix and Maibritt.

Have a look, and please sugges changes or improvements if you stumble over anything. The page(s) has been created by adding, adding and adding. So there might be things I haven't noticed.

leica.overgaard.dk - Thorsten Overgaard's Leica Sites - Leica Digilux 2 sample photos and tests (as well as Panasonic DMC-LC1) - Page 1 of 3

I smell a book. LOL Your page is becoming the de facto standard for Digilux 2. Well done. And thanks for the "props" on my leather editions. I'm honored to be included in your page.

JT

No wait. There are at least two more secrets unrevealed -- Noelle Scaggs singing and Kira and with Robin!

Promised my wife to sell the Digilux 2 once I got the DMR, but now I'm going to have to break her heart :-(

Thorsten, It was your pages that inspired me to get a Digilux 2, I have owned one for the last six months and it is a great camera. I have just bought a D-lux 4 but I will never sell the Digilux. your pages on the Digilux 2 just keep getting better thank you for all of the useful info

Doug

Is the D2 a range-finder camera? :(

That's good question as rangefinder is defined as "an instrument for estimating the distance of an object, esp. for use with a camera or gun" and a rangefinder camera is defined as a camera deploying such a mechanism to measure the distance.

Though I would guess most members understanding is that it's the viewfinder (as alternative to through the lens viewing) that make a rangefinder. Because I would still consider the M9 a rangefinder even if it had AF.

Anybody?

Thanks for keeping this great reference page updated!

I've never regretted selling my M8 and it's accessories to get the D2

(and a V-Lux and a used Mercedes!)

Oh my! One of my questions to my self these days has been "wonder how many upgraded from D2 to M" because I already have a good idea how many bought a D2 after reading the Digilux 2 page.

You're ruin my uncertain statistics!

Though the Mercedes is a nice car.

Thorsten - I'd like to join all the others in extending appreciation to you for all your efforts in creating and maintaining, the essential D2/LC1 resource.

The site is one to keep re-visiting as a reference/reminder/inspiration, the more so that you keep adding new nuggets of information and techniques (as in Mmm, I must try shooting that way)

Great work, many thanks

Les

• 2 weeks later...
Guest flatfour
Is the D2 a range-finder camera? :(

Pete - I have also asked this question. I think it is a rangefinder as the viewfinder shows out of focus areas if the lens barrel is turned to a certain distance. Altering the aperture also affects sharpness. Yes - I have come to the conclusion it is a rangefinder.

• 1 month later...
Just updated the page 2 with some comments on Leica Customer Service as well as photos of my new Aspekts school bag ;-)

leica.overgaard.dk - Thorsten Overgaard's Leica Sites - Leica Digilux 2 sample photos and tests (as well as Panasonic DMC-LC1) - Page 2

L2102275_CROP_GIFT_970w.jpg

Thorsten, once again I enjoyed viewing your website. Regarding the latest illustration, it seems inconceivable that the D2 will fit into a school satchel. But I am sure it can and very conveniently, too!

>> Thorsten

Your site was the reason why I finally bought a DIGILUX 2 as my very

first digital experiment. Since then my other cameras are collecting dust

because it does everything with ease, where I have to change lenses,

films and what not with the others ... Shame, but I never thougt it would be

possible to switch to these devil- pixels so fast.

Thx also for updating your D2- webpage, it is much appreciated.

Best

After having seen John´s wonderful cameras and bags, I searched the attic and got out my old Ruiter Tassen bags. The small one just takes one D2 with some batteries filters and funny gorilla pod, a 13" but with a squeeze, while the big one takes 2 D2 laptop plus all sorts of stuff I need on my building sites. Bags are pretty worn and cause some ridicule from my girlfriend for not being the height of fashion in this world of messager bags. But who cares. They are indistructable and don´t attract thieves.

All I need now is to find a source for John´s and Thorsten´s photographic capabilities. OK I´ll keep on trying..............

Thorsten Thanks for a great site!!!!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!