HELP should I trad my Nocti for 21/1.4?

usccharles

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My dealer has a mint condition 21/1.4 summilux. he is a trustworthy dealer and after personal inspection, the lens is mint.

he wants my 50/1 nocti.

i said lets trade.

he says, for my 50/1 nocti + 700USD, he will give me 21/1.4 and 21mm brightline view finder. both items inspected and mint.

i did a quick chech at BH photo:

21/1.4 is 6,000USD

21 viewfinder is 790USD

should i do it?? i've been thinking about selling my Nocti for some time now because i just don't use it enough to justify having it, but i just don't know what my Nocti is worth right now...

HELP!! thanks

charles

Guest maddoc2003jp

Recently, a nearly mint last version Noctilux (with box, pouch etc. ) sold at the other forum for $3550 .... (and I have seen them selling mainly in this price range, recently) I think it would be a good deal for you, if you don't use the Noctilux much.

I sold my Nocti for less than what the dealer's offering you a few months ago and haven't missed it. Like yourself I wasn't using it enough to justify keeping it on a shelf unused.

If I were in your position I'd go for the deal.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sounds like a nice deal. And you will want the new Noctilux anyways.

Normally I think it's not worth selling lenses to get new ones (because you will miss them and eventual re-buy them), but this is a different story as the offered price is really great.

got it!! havent even gotten around to taking pictures with it yet, but dang, why is the box so big?? just a big waste of paper in my opinion :)

but a question for those with the 21/1.4 (i may have to make a new thread with this question):

is there anyway to stack filters on this lens? i used to use my nocti during the day, often with the UV/IR and ND filters stacked, but on the 21 this is impossible as there is room for only one filter between the lens and hood. is there an adapter to fix this??

looking forward to going out with the lens and having fun fun fun!! thanks for your comments as always.

charles