Sign in to follow this  
rosuna

Erwin Puts on the future of the Leica M system

Advertisement (gone after registration)

While I agree it would be a nice option, it would suck to have to do that each time you change a lens.

If all the back buttons were set with defaults, but were also programmable -- just more software -- then you could pop up the lens menu with a button push, select your lens and be on your way in a few seconds. Since it takes longer than that to actually change the lens, and put all the caps in place, etc., this is not exactly crippling. It would also allow listing and selection of non-Leica lenses which, despite what Leica apparently believes, would be good for the system.

Wasn't talkin' bout you Olsen was referrin' ta this by lovelyleica:

Originally Posted by lovelyleica

Just for your info, here is the immediate future of Leica M (Leica source):

Leica M9 launched end of this year:

18.5 Mpx

Full frame

No more IR filters needed

Same size as current M8

Already reserved one by my Leica dealer here in CH

It is interesting to note that this describes a cut-down S2 sensor, a speculation which all of us could have come up with.

(sorry to copy your post, couldn't find LovelyLeica's on the run..

)

Some more M9 news :

Frame counter window on the left side disappears, so there will be a change to the left side body shape, that's all I can tell now.

Just a little info you can guess : quality of the 18.5Mpx fullframe M9 pictures will be absolutely STUNNING !

Some more M9 news :

Frame counter window on the left side disappears, so there will be a change to the left side body shape, that's all I can tell now.

Just a little info you can guess : quality of the 18.5Mpx fullframe M9 pictures will be absolutely STUNNING !

I love that Leica apparently chooses to release their future camera information through you. It all makes perfect sense.

Some more M9 news :

Please give me the winning lottery numbers for this week so I can have the money to buy one.

Yeah what I particularly like about this authoritative source of information is totally unexpected details like this:

Some more M9 news... quality of the 18.5Mpx fullframe M9 pictures will be absolutely STUNNING !

Usually rumors about future cameras say stuff like: "The image quality will be so-so, with a few unexpected bugs uncovered by engineers during the last few days of production. Don't expect miracles - but we'll be sure to promise them in our press-release."

So the post above came as a total SHOCK!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Some more M9 news :

This is "news" in the same style in the articles in National Enquirer, The Onion, or Private Eye, I take it?

Prove it or stop wasting server space.

Regards,

Bill

Hey, guys you look so frustrated. I am so surprised that any one of you don't have any info about the future M9. But hey wake up !!! Get interested, curious ! Ask your Leica official reseller for some news and you will be surprised to get some. Hmm, maybe don't even try because when I read your reactions I am pretty sure that you won't have any. That's maybe frustrated people reward ;-)

Anyway, even if it does not please you I could get M9 info directly from a very Official Leica Reseller and some infos are kept secret because I was told to, it's that simple, nothing complicated, just friendly interested in what Leica's future is gonna be !

Hey, guys you look so frustrated. I am so surprised that any one of you don't have any info about the future M9. But hey wake up !!! Get interested, curious ! Ask your Leica official reseller for some news and you will be surprised to get some. Hmm, maybe don't even try because when I read your reactions I am pretty sure that you won't have any. That's maybe frustrated people reward ;-)

Anyway, even if it does not please you I could get M9 info directly from a very Official Leica Reseller and some infos are kept secret because I was told to, it's that simple, nothing complicated, just friendly interested in what Leica's future is gonna be !

Hmmm you seem like a really nice and mature person. Exactly the sort of guy that someone with secret Leica information would trust!