Visoflex III specifications needed for telescope advise

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am thinking about purchasing a Visoflex III to graft onto my astro physics 105 Traveler telescope and 2.7" Prime Focus Field Flattener (67PF462). Results should be spectacular with the CCD and infrared capability of the M8 and the Visoflex with vertical viewer should work great for preview. This telescope setup requires exactly 3.4 inches between the flattener and the focal plane. Does anyone know if the visoflex III is shorter than this so I can custom build an adaptor? If more than 3.4 inches it will not work, of course.

According to Camera Mounts Sorted by Register the Visoflex 2/3 is 40mm thick, plus 27.95mm for the M lens register making 67.95.

I measured the flange-to-flange distance on my Visoflex III and it is 36.5 mm. With the additional lens register as mentioned by giordano you should have over 20 mm to spare for your 3.4".

I have the following sequence of adapters:

M-to-M39 M39-to-M42 M42-to-T2 T2-to-2"

The last one is a tube that fits a standard 2" astro focusser and it works very well on my TV-85, however I have not yet bought the field flattener.

The M42 thread allows me to attach the M8+Visoflex to my microscopes.

Regards

Per

This is great news and thanks to everyone for sharing these measurements. Astro Physics makes an EOS bayonet adaptor with large ID that is better than than the traditional threaded adaptor with narrower ID that tends to create vignetting. The EOS bayonet is ideal if I can find an adaptor to put EOS lenses on a Visoflex III. Does such an adaptor exist?

I measured the flange-to-flange distance on my Visoflex III and it is 36.5 mm. With the additional lens register as mentioned by giordano you should have over 20 mm to spare for your 3.4".

I have the following sequence of adapters:

M-to-M39 M39-to-M42 M42-to-T2 T2-to-2"

The last one is a tube that fits a standard 2" astro focusser and it works very well on my TV-85, however I have not yet bought the field flattener.

The M42 thread allows me to attach the M8+Visoflex to my microscopes.

Regards

Per

This is great news and thanks to everyone for sharing these measurements. Astro Physics makes an EOS bayonet adaptor with large ID that is better than than the traditional threaded adaptor with narrower ID that tends to create vignetting. The EOS bayonet is ideal if I can find an adaptor to put EOS lenses on a Visoflex III. Does such an adaptor exist?

I got my adapters from SRB~Griturn Ltd and they have loads on the shelf, but they can also make anything you want.

Regards

Per