Super Elmar 18 UV/IR Filter

Seeingeye

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Prior to getting this new stock filter I used Maurizio's work around of getting a 58/55 step down ring a 55mm filter and a 55/58 step up ring... I noticed no vignetting... I would guess this would work for your FF/Film scenario... (I would not recommend that clashy/grotesque silver colored filter)

Hihihihi... lack of style...:o

BTW, since the filter for the new 18mm is still in the large here, I improved my solution by adding a rubber band between the hood and the last step-up ring.

In that way the original hood is fixed in the right position and absolutely not loose!

Yes, anyway the filter is still silver (since it was the filter for my silver 21elmarit asph)... still something to improve... :cool:

I can confirm it doesn't vignette at all, even when the lens is directed against the sun.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But the filter is not tight on the lens when it is screwed on to the stop.

My problem exactly (see post #44). I was about to send it back but now that I am not the only one I am afraid I would just receive an identical replacement filter. Do let us know if you hear from Leica.

In the meantime I might try a small strip of black tape or rubber stopband like Mauribix.