A380

gylee

Very nice shots, with an excellent tonal range without blown highlights. It is difficult to realize the size of this aircraft until one looks at the people included in the photo.

The second photo is interesting to an old aero engineer like myself, because it shows the curvature of the wings when sitting on the ground.

Jim N.

Thank you gentlemen.

The thing is indeed a monster. I have not flow on it, but I understand that it is almost unnaturally quiet.

The dynamic range of the M8 is impressive, particularly in DNG. Honestly, it's tough to blow a highlight.

These were taken from the Qantas first class lounge in Melbourne. No officious security guards in there...

G.

great set of photos # 2 love this photo, with the round landing ramp, well takern

david

Thanks David. Shame Malaysian couldn't have moved their 777 for the occasion!

G.

Very interesting captures. I particularly like #2 and #3 because they really do capture the scale of the aircraft.

LouisB

Thanks Louis.

It's a beast. Personally, I think it's quite hideous to look at. Would still like to try it though. I flew Melbourne/New York return in January and missed my chance of an A380 service both ways by a day.

For the record, it is a LONG way from Melbourne to New York.

G.

nice series. I'd love to see these picture in colour too.

Your wish, my command...

(And yes my sensor needs a clean - I fixed the spots on the BW shots. Too lazy to do it here.)