And the winner is...

bill

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well, this has truly been a very close run thing. Voting was polarised from the start, with some clear front runners. The overall standard, as has already been said, was high, with some different and creative interpretations of the theme.

So.

The winner, with 29 points, is Brent Nicastro (FOTOGRAFR) with DISPARITY.

In second place, with 28 points, is ESSEMMLEE with IT DOESN'T GET MUCH WORSE THAN THIS.

In third place, with 26 points, is SOLEFOREAL with FORD.

My congratulations to a very worthy winner and my sincere thanks to all who have taken part - I think that it has served to show what this little camera can do in the hands of skilled photographers.

Over to Brent - the title holder - to decide whether or not we do this again ;)

Regards,

Bill

Guest Essemmlee

A worthy winner with a superb photo.

Entries were numerically very small - not sure why as there are plenty of D-Lux 4 owners on the digital forum.

Maybe a bit more/louder advertising of the competition on this site would generate more entries for the next one; if there is a next one.

A worthy winner with a superb photo.

Entries were numerically very small - not sure why as there are plenty of D-Lux 4 owners on the digital forum.

Maybe a bit more/louder advertising of the competition on this site would generate more entries for the next one; if there is a next one.

Steve, I agree - I wouldn't have run this without sufficient expressions of interest, and notice - I would have liked to have seen far more people putting their creative skills to work and entering.

Regards,

Bill

Congratulations Brent Nicastro and ESSEMMLEE!

Thinking of a creative theme is the next challenge.

Actually, the theme is the easy part. It's the setup and execution that is going to be the challenge. I'd been under the impression that the winner just got to pick the next category--not inherit the whole operation. Just so everyone knows, that is what will be passed along to the next winner. Hopefully, this knowledge won't cut down on the already small number of entries.

Edited by fotografr

Brent, Steve & Soleforeal, well done guys and worthwhile entries from all other competitors as well.

If I had a D Lux 4 I'd be in there with the next round of shooters but I have dedicated my equipment to the M8.

Congratulations to Essemmlee and Soleforeal but most of all to Brent as the worthy winner.

Come on all of you D-Lux 4 owners why not make the effort and take part next time?! :D It's very enjoyable, there's no nasty comments, any picture's better than no picture and you might surprise yourself. :)

Pete.