Oak Titmouse

wildlightphoto

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Oak Titmouse is a member of family Paridae which inludes Chickadees and Tits (I didn't name them, I'm just the messenger!). The Oak Titmouse is primarily a California resident, with a few populations in Baja California to the south and Oregon in the north. The Oak Titmouse, like all Paridae, are the definition of the word kinetic.

As its name implies it's preferred habitat is oak woodlands, where they nest in a tree cavity; this morning I found a pair bringing breakfast to the kids:

oati03.jpg

technical stuff: R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO + 2x APO-Extender-R. All comments welcome.

Edited by wildlightphoto

Very nice Doug, 2x really working well for you the fine detail in the picture is amazing.

I am waiting for mine to get here from Switzerland got it for 840 with shipping sounded like a good deal to me.

Question for ya Doug. The 14299 macro adapter for the 280mm is it Rom?

Cheers Jan

Very nice Doug, 2x really working well for you the fine detail in the picture is amazing.

I am waiting for mine to get here from Switzerland got it for 840 with shipping sounded like a good deal to me.

Thanks for your comments Jan (and everyone else). It looks like the 2x APO is earning a permanent home in my gear bag. Combined with the 280mm f/4 APO it's a 560mm f/8 APO-Macro :D

Question for ya Doug. The 14299 macro adapter for the 280mm is it Rom?

Cheers Jan

About the 14299 - yes I believe it's ROM. Instead of the 14299 I'm using my Universal Extension Tube-R (UET-R) which provides the same focussing range as the 14299 but may be used on all Leica reflex bodies and most lenses.