Lightroom 2 Compatibility

Can't help re Photoshop John, but what I can say is that the upgrade from 1 to 2 is very much worth it! A number of extra tools in the Develop module means that you can do more without having to leave LR, to say nothing about general improvements.

LR2 works great with CS3 and CS4. Haven't got CS2 installed on a PC that has LR2, but I'll see if my old retired box still spins and install LR2 there to test.

I would regardless think that you could always go via TIFFs and you should not have any problem at all. This is how I work if I have to bring a file into PS as I don't want PS/ACR to touch my files. LR is OK as it doesn't change files unless you explicitly tell it to.

As Brian says, LR2 is vastly improved over LR1, I do less and less with digital shots in PS, the film scans is still another matter.

- Carl

I'm thinking of upgrading from Lightroom 1 to Lightroom 2 but am concerned about compatiblity with my version of Photoshop - I have PS2 on a MAC G5. Can anyone reassure me that Lightroom 2 will work with PS2?

I have PS V6 (Right about 6+? years old) and LR 2.3 installed on my office PC and LR works fine with this version of PS.

What it does is Exports a TIF, IIRC, to older versions of PS.

No LR version work seamlessly with PS. It always exports a PSD or TIF file to be edited in PS.

So NO worries. If LR1 works with your version of PS LR2.x will also.

John,

I use LR 2.3 with CS2 (Windows). Works great. Anything specific you're concerned about?

You'll like the local adjustment tools once you get used to them. Find a good book or some web tutorials because there really is a lot there.

John