Couple of questions

Aldophoto

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

I’m a new entry on the forum so, please, forgive me if I bore you with my questions:

1) why in the exif data sometimes appears 1/8 some others 0,00202839… (of course they are different, but why the second notation and not 1/500 for the latter) – not an easy base to catalogue and sort.

2) I didn’t have yet the time to send my lenses to be coded, so I don’t actually know if all exif data wil be available (i.e. aperture, exposure, lens length)

3) last, why in the M8 software, it is not possible to “tell” the camera the lens we are using,

OK, it will be done manually, but in this way also my 35 f/1.4 aspherical could be supported.

thanks for your help,

Aldo

P.S.

For the last item, today is my birthday: maybe Leica sw developers will do something for me, I’m sure it’s not impossible!

1. depends on your EXIF reader and/or the way the firmware is written.

2 aperture will not always be visible, as the M8 has no aperture coupling between the lens and the body. The camera does guess at the aperture, but the standard exif does not show it, only specialized readers and C1

3. Uncoded lenses will onot be recognized, thus the lens values will not be written

4. No, it cannot be entered in the camera. Please, please don't start that discussion again..:o:mad::rolleyes:

5. You are most welcome to the forum.:) And many happy returns!!

1. depends on your EXIF reader and/or the way the firmware is written.

2 aperture will not always be visible, as the M8 has no aperture coupling between the lens and the body. The camera does guess at the aperture, but the standard exif does not show it, only specialized readers and C1

3. Uncoded lenses will onot be recognized, thus the lens values will not be written

4. No, it cannot be entered in the camera. Please, please don't start that discussion again..:o:mad::rolleyes:

Thanks for your prompt reply Jaap,

I always use MAC Aperture and EXIF data should be read always in the same way.

Do you mean that Capture One can, instead, also "guess" the aperture?

I also understand that the last is an old&hot topic... :D

Do you mean that Capture One can, instead, also "guess" the aperture?

No, it's the M8 that guesses the aperture and writes it into the file. It's just that some software does interprete this info and present it but most does not.