Leica Owners Area

erlingmm

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have been registered on the owners site since day one. It is useful for updates, etc., but don't assume they will notify you of any changes. They don't. You will simply have to check from time to time, or better yet, keep in touch with this forum or RFF>LeicaM8-M8,2 forum and find out that way.

Excuse me if this is old news, but I just discovered the Owners Area at the Leica Web site:

https://owners.leica-camera.com/en/login

After registering yourself and your products (need serial # AND purchase date), you get direct links to product and service information for each product. I assume they will keep me updated on relevant info for each product.

You also get certain benefits, I assume it is depending on how many Leica products you register. I got an extension of warranty to 3 years on my D-lux4, AND a free UV/IR filter for an M lens, sent directly home, no shipping/VAT cost!

Thank you for the info. Just ordered my two filters. Much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
I contacted Nikon US about the Super-Elmar-M 18mm lens and the SF 58 flash not being listed, and I received a prompt reply saying that the website is administered by Leica in Germany. They gave me the contact information, and I sent an e-mail almost a week ago. So far I have not had a reply, and the website has not been updated.

After over a week with no reply from Germany, I contacted Nikon US again. They replied promptly, saying there are some problems with the website database and I should check back at a later date.

I have had problems with the Nikon online user database too. I wonder if Leica and Nikon use the same vendor.

Rocky

• 2 weeks later...