my M8 is home again

Nicoleica

Advertisement (gone after registration)

... But at the moment, I'm 100% happy with my camera, and with Leica customer services for the the prompt and helpful way that they have handled this whole process. This is the first time, in almost 40 years of using Leica products, that I have had to send an item in for repair, and it has been most refreshing to deal with a company that actually cares about their customers. They responded very quickly and courteously to my original email, and have kept me fully informed as to the progress throughout. :)

Nicole,

That's really good news contrasted against the experiences of a few others. I can't help wondering if expectation plays a significant role in some of the less positive reports that have been posted over the years.

I hope you're managing to keep your imp thoroughly out of breath and earning his corn. (Corn? Hmm, do imps eat corn? I wonder what they do eat. Pixels perhaps? :rolleyes:)

Pete.

My two are back (from upgrade) as well and I'm more than pleased with the work Leica have done - the quiet shutter, especially with discreet mode, the new glass - cool to the touch - and the new framelines though the 24mm frame is right at the very edges of the viewfinder.

The cover glass involves replacing the back casting of the camera so if yours, like mine, has a chunk of paint missing from around the buttons that will magically disappear as well. Leica has this amazing ability to return the camera to near-new condition and they appear to have done a fine job rebuilding my MATE and adjusting the focus on two other lenses.

One happy customer here!

One point of clarification is that the new warranty is an extra year added on to the original, not from when the upgrades are made, so my early camera, bought on 1 November 2006 when they first started shipping is now warranted to 1 November 2009, not (say), 20 April 2010.

(snipped)

One point of clarification is that the new warranty is an extra year added on to the original, not from when the upgrades are made, so my early camera, bought on 1 November 2006 when they first started shipping is now warranted to 1 November 2009, not (say), 20 April 2010.

That's a bummer! I would have thought they'd give you a year's warranty on the upgrades, period. It also doesn't make sense. What do they give you if your warranty has already expired?

Doug