Caen Hill

petewayne

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Having sorted out my panoramic head I decided that as dawn this morning was grey, overcast and cold to try a few panoramas. This is the first and is of the pound for Moonraker Lock at Caen Hill on the Kennet and Avon Canal, near Devizes in Wiltshire (The pound is the water storage for the locks). Caen Hill is famous on the Kennet and Avon Canal as it is a flight of 29 locks rising 237 feet over 2 miles, which equates to a 1:44 gradient. This section is the toughest with 15 locks sequentially and end-to-end it takes between 5 to 6 hours of hard work to rise the 2 miles.

[ATTACH]136851[/ATTACH]

Moonraker Lock Pound and Caen Hill Locks

This image is composed of 11 portrait images shot at 5 degree intervals using M8/CV 28mm Ultron at ISO160 and combined with PTGui. The main tiff file is approx 82MB but this 100% crop shows the detail of the flight of locks in the main image.

[ATTACH]136852[/ATTACH]

Caen Hill Locks

Stu......your right.....I posted the wrong version!.......herewith one with a wee bit more "punch"......I think Pano's are difficult to show well at the size and compression here so hopefully this gives a better representation.

[ATTACH]136871[/ATTACH]

Caen Hill Locks