Tea Party Protest

Guest leicaphotos

Guest leicaphotos

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Shot at the local tea party protest...

Picasa Web Albums - Memphis - Memphis Tea P... - this is an excercise in photo journalism much as is any protest - regardless of your personal beliefs or ideologies - I have received the most grief for the poster proclaiming "Obama is a Somali Pirate" - The funny thing is, these posters seem less inflammatory and less personally vicious than many posters that have been displayed over the past 8 years -- Seems less vitrolic than calling bush a nazi -- just looking for a little balance in the world - not trying to start a political firestorm here.

Guest leicaphotos
Very good images - odious people IMO.

interesting liberal snap judgment. No room for tolerance or opinions other than your own?

Guest leicaphotos

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Idiotic snap response from you - I said IMO - that means IN MY OPINION.

You've evidently got a serious case of self loathing -- you seem angry here -- you've cast aspersions on people you don't even know and responded back with some strong hostility.. I know it means "In My Opinion" - I'm questioning the merits of your opinion and your sense of judgment... you seem to be filled with hatred and intolerance of people you've never met -- Please explain your anger here --- your response is much as if I had said all blacks are thieves and murderers -- your opinion seems ill informed and you just want to scream against people who don't believe exactly what you do...

Could you please explain how you have the right to form any opinion of people you've never met, protesting in another country for something that doesn't concern you based solely off of a few images?

Your anger tells me the pictures work as they've evoked a strong emotion from you -- photography is not always comfortable, liberal agendas... If these were anti-bush or anti G20 pictures would you still be hurling insults and names?

Well my take on the "firestorm" in this thread is that the pictures depict people expressing an 'opinion' that has been commented on by another poster with an 'opinion' which has invoked an 'opinion' from the OP . . . . etc.

It sums up the point of all protest. Pointless. Just my opinion, mind you!

So lets not start WW111 over this guys & gals. Agree to disagree without the personilazation factor or I will have to protest. ;)

Guest leicaphotos

I'm just asking how come cocker has several posts preaching tolerance and then spouts this off calling THESE protesters names, but is cheering on the other protesters saying that the world needs tolerance... just seems a mixed message to me - kinda like jesus saying love everybody...but kill the muslims

Cocker, I do appreciate the kind words about the quality of the images -- I'm just asking questioons - not trying to start anything

Yesterday in another thread I commented that I really do not want to close a thread, edit it or delete it, so how about some civility, and save the politics and overreactions for PMs or Barnack's Bar?

Frankly, when I read many of the posters (Somali pirates, Joe McCarthy for example) I thought this was some sort of spoof protest, not unlike the spoof pre-Ros Bowl Parade (the Doo Dah Parade).