Sign in to follow this  
troyfreund

track meet images: Milwaukee, WI

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A few friends of mine and I went photographing together at a local track meet. Quite a challenge to shoot with a manual-focus SLR. All the same, I got some results I was quite happy with.

Leica R8/DMR + 90mm lens (circa 1968) and 180mm lens (circa 1984).

More photos at Midwest Editorial Photo: Troy Freund

Troy -

Perfect moment, lovely for action, light, color and impact.

Thanks for all the nice comments, Leica Gang. The high jump was a challenge to shoot, but at least I usually knew where the action was going to take place. Tracking the hurdles or any other running event was much more challenging. The high jump sure was fun though--those athletes are amazing!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ERA23
      Hey everyone,
      I wanted to create a bit of a fun competition. Given the scary times we are all living in, Halloween this year will be spent in our homes and probably there wont be any trick or treaters. That is why its a perfect opportunity to share your “scariest” shots. These can be shots of scary subjects, scary edits or simply creepy shots you have taken.
      Rules: 
      Must be taken with 28-35-50-75-90mm lens One post per person (if you are going to post a second one please specify on the second post that it is indeed a second post) All type of photography is allowed Winners will be picked by the amount of likes on individual posts (I’m open to suggestions If you have any)  
      Good competition to everyone cant wait to see your best shots.

• By Holger1
      Verkaufe aus Sammlung ein neuwertiges APO-Summicron-M 2,0/90mm ASPH, E55 (11 884) ohne sichtbare Gebrauchsspuren.
      Originalverpackung mit Front-u.Rückdeckel.
      Wer auf die Lichtstärke 2,0 verzichten kann/will, spart 116g Gewicht und ca.1600,-€ bei dem Summarit, welches ich hier ebenfalls anbiete.

Dies ist ein Privatverkauf. I only send within EU
      www.HolgerDaberkow.de

• By Holger1
      Verkaufe aus Sammlung ein neuwertiges Summarit-M 2,4/90mm, E46 (11 684) ohne sichtbare Gebrauchsspuren.
      Mit Front-u.Rückdeckel, Metalldeckel, Gegenlichtblende mit Deckel und Köcher; ohne Originalverpackung.
      Wer auf die Lichtstärke 2,0 nicht verzichten möchte, kann das Summicron kaufen, welches ich hier ebenfalls anbiete.

Dies ist ein Privatverkauf. I only send within EU
      www.HolgerDaberkow.de
    • By davidenglish@yahoo.com
      Leica lens in very good condition, clean and clear. 90mm 2.0 Summicron-M, 
      It comes with both caps and a built-in lens hood.
      The lens takes sharp and clear pictures. 
      The 2.0 setting provides beautiful Bokeh and allows you to shoot in low light.
      I have used this lens on my Leica M6 and on the  Sony A7Rll with an adaptor and got excellent results. The lens has the Leica 6 dot ASPH monitoring system in place

Out of US Shipping charges will be added to the sales price.otherwise, the price includes shipping charges in the US
                  © craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap (google map)
      make / manufacturer: Leica 
      model name / number: summicron